Fly Fusion Forums

Western Canadian Fly Fishing Exposition: A Few Pix

Had a fun time today at the show tying and chatting with people, will be there again tomorrow at the Fly Fish Calgary Booth. Met some great people, there are some great booths this year and quality product, many deals to be had so don’t miss Sunday if you haven’t been yet. World class fly tiers and products. Here’s some quick snaps of a small part of the show.

Davie McPhail an extraordinary tier who's videos online are a treat. Was great joy to meet and chat with him.

IMGP1317_zps8eba682d.jpg

Norm Norlander, designer of the Nor-Vice the Norvise wonderful guy and free with his knowledge.

IMGP1306_zps7717bae8.jpg

IMGP1310_zps381ed692.jpg

IMGP1299_zpsb7c9e7ec.jpg

IMGP1298_zpsf12b353f.jpg

IMGP1293_zpsabdc23bf.jpg

IMGP1285_zps75b11010.jpg

IMGP1283_zps40f18fdb.jpg

IMGP1280_zpsa2ab2d88.jpg

IMGP1279_zpsce896b51.jpg

IMGP1278_zps84f8a692.jpg

IMGP1277_zps66f60499.jpg

• Like 1

Disappointed that I was out of town - It would have been an absolute joy to watch Davie tie. He is, by far, my favorite tier.

Spent quite a few hours with Davie and exchanged a bunch of tips and tricks. What a complete gentleman he is and very free with his knowledge. He was kind enough to give me a few custom flies of his on a sighed card that I will treasure.

Not a Pic of the Show but some swag I grabbed from Diane Michelin's Booth! Loved it, too bad the original sold and hour before I got there.

It was my first time at the expo, had a blast and will be back again next year!

Nik

Diane does fantastic work I have a couple of her originals and always stop into the booth to see what's new.

From one artist to another it was awsome to be able to talk with Diane.

Overall I really enjoyed the show again this year, for those that feel like the show is a waste of time u should really come out and chat with some of the people that are not locals lots of knoweldge out there and we can always learn and grown.

Got alot of diffrent persepectives to fishin and will diffently be using them in the yaers to come.