Fly Fusion Forums

Where Is Everyone Fishing?

A weekend at the in-laws

Don't how the mother in-law does it but she always plans thing for the weekends with the best fishin weather. It's uncanny really

I think she is about the only person in the world that can predict alberta weather.

Well I am not making it out this weekend but last weekend was magical. Between my son

and I we caught and released close to 90 cutthroat trout. (1) was 21 inches, (7) were 20 inches

and the rest were in the 12-19 inch range. We caught 99% of the fish using a parachute

Blue Wing Olive in a size 18-22. A few of the holes that we fished had anywhere from 25-45

fish raising at one time. All I can say, it was a great way to end the fishing year for us.

Not sure yet, but I'm leaning towards checking out the Upper Bow on Saturday with a friend of mine. If that doesn't work out, I may either hit the Liv or another stream down in that area. Too bad the weather forecast changed for Saturday (13C instead of 16C).

I'm trying to find a good spot somewhere before hwy 2 and 24 on the Bow. Been looking at air photos on google maps and am thinking it looks not to bad via Range rd. access (half way between 2 and 24 on the N side). Anyone gone in there before or have suggestions for other good places to go in in that area? I'm worried about not being able to find good access due to private sections of land. Are you permitted to walk the river banks all the way up in down or are there private sections of the bow?

Bill

Guest bigbadbrent

once you're on the river you're fine (stay below the high water mark, or just keep ur feet in the water, and you're golden), as long as your not in a native reserve..however, to get to the river, you might have to cross private..so you need to ask for access

Guest lookinforwalter

I was thinking of gong out on Sunday morning. Where do you go where 25 - 30 fish rise? Thats crazy!!!! I actually only seem to catch small fish and only by nymphing. Any advise?

Livingstone and maybe Dutch tomorrow, just hit the fav spots. Try and bag a grouse or two while I am up there too, should be a nice day for that. Hit the fav spots on the Castle, Carbondale, Lost and Lynx on Sunday. Might be the last weekend on those streams and rivers this year!