Fly Fusion Forums

Blood Indian Reservoir

esleech

Fished blood indian yesterday, and man what a day! Left Calgary at 5 am and was on the water by 8. Must have slept half the way there, and was raring to go. Amongst the three of us, we hooked a fish nearly every cast for the first hour, and then spent some time warming up and exploring the lake. The evening was STELLAR! A slowly stripped purple leech under an indicator was getting hit nearly every cast, with numerous double headers. A big thanks to my fishing buds for taking me out there, and putting us on fish all day. As for fish sizes, there was nothing huge, mostly footballs around 12-16 inches. Nothing photo worthy.

things035.jpg

things041.jpg

nice shots man. looks like a chilly day out there but a pretty nice setting by the looks of it. Do you get cell reception there do you know? Do to new work restrictions I have to be cell accessible for the next few weeks which massacres the idea of fishing most of my late fall haunts.