Fly Fusion Forums

I Give Up

Riding to work this morning and the guy beside me at the light talking on his cell phone starts running the red when the advance for the left turn lane goes green. He narrowly misses causing an accident, then sits there for 10s when his light does turn green. The girl behind him has her ipad on the steering wheel and only occasionally glances at the road. Saw 3 people run red (not yellow) lights.

Last week a lady at work asks me, "So you fish?". I say yes and she asks me to give her some. I tell her that it's mostly illegal where I go and I'd be letting them go even if it wasn't. She informs me that she'd eat them all and to hell with the law. I tell her that that, in a nutshell, is why in 10 years tuna will be extinct and salmon will be $50/pound. She looks at me like I'm crazy.

Hell really is other people.

Riding to work this morning and the guy beside me at the light talking on his cell phone starts running the red when the advance for the left turn lane goes green. He narrowly misses causing an accident, then sits there for 10s when his light does turn green. The girl behind him has her ipad on the steering wheel and only occasionally glances at the road. Saw 3 people run red (not yellow) lights.

Last week a lady at work asks me, "So you fish?". I say yes and she asks me to give her some. I tell her that it's mostly illegal where I go and I'd be letting them go even if it wasn't. She informs me that she'd eat them all and to hell with the law. I tell her that that, in a nutshell, is why in 10 years tuna will be extinct and salmon will be $50/pound. She looks at me like I'm crazy.

Hell really is other people.

I was thinking something else haha

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

watched a asien lady almost turn the wrong was down a one way then screekes out back into the lane, then slows for a red and then runs it just missing another car. The tickes for distracted driving should be $1000. this would put a quicker end to the problem.

had a homeless guy ask me for a fish and he just did not get it that it was illegal, he just kept yelling that he had a place to cook it....yah right

watched a asien lady almost turn the wrong was down a one way then screekes out back into the lane, then slows for a red and then runs it just missing another car. The tickes for distracted driving should be $1000. this would put a quicker end to the problem.

had a homeless guy ask me for a fish and he just did not get it that it was illegal, he just kept yelling that he had a place to cook it....yah right

You're right: if the odds of getting caught are low, the penalties have to be severe, much like driving without insurance.

I almost forgot the school bus driver I saw last week intentionally run a red and just hit the brakes in time to avoid mowing down a bunch of pedestrians crossing with the light. That one I called in.

I was having a bite to eat in the U of A hospital today when I happened to notice the number of people who were walking down the stairwell with their eyes jammed into their phones. So out of curiosity I counted. 3 people out of 26 were not looking at their phone. Possibly a shift change just happened and these were individuals leaving for home, needed to love up their phone a bit, I don't know....It's a good thing most of them work in the hospital...........