Fly Fusion Forums

Don't You Just Hate It When ....

Anticipating your fishing trip next morning, you sit at the bench the night before and tie your "sure fly", then next morning you get up extra early and whip together a few more..... then load up your gear in your vehicle and head out. You get to your destination gear up, assemble your boat, you reach for the container you put your newly tied flies in, only to realize you left it sitting on your fly tying table............. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! Frustrated, you drive to the nearest town to buy some of the patterns you tied, only to find out they are sold out !!!!!!!!!!!!

On the flip side, I managed O.K. caught numerous fish with other patterns, but really wanted to try what I had put together for the trip

This summer I went for a 2 1/2 hr drive to go fissin' and when I got there I discovered that I had left pretty much everything on the deck at home except my rods dumdumdumdumdumdumdumb dumdumdumdumdumdumdumb dumdumdumdumdumdumdumb dumdumdumdumdumdumdumb

had the rod, had the flies. forgot the reel... had to use my 8wt instead. a little heavy for a full day of drifting and nymphing

LOL I did that once and burned up the credit card for another Islander that day I just couldn't go without it. I've got 2 reels for my 3wt now!! :lol: