Fly Fusion Forums

Northern Bc

fishpro

Just got back yesterday from 3 weeks of living out of a minivan and fishing through Northern BC. I had a fantastic time fishing the Skeena and Kitimat systems, tons of fish, incredibly strong Chum run on the Kitimat this year, especially early on in the trip, and once that died down I turned my attention to fishing for steelhead, ended up fishing them for a total of 6 days, and spent one day on a charter out of Prince Rupert.

I went up there excited to simply spend 3 weeks fishing as much as I possibly could, and also wanted to catch my first steelhead. I thought it would be cool if I could get the grand slam - steelhead plus all 5 salmon species, and in the end I did!

My first steelhead:

101_0257.jpg

101_0258.jpg

101_0260.jpg

22 lb chinook:

101_0279.jpg

Large Chum:

101_0135.jpg

This is what catching numerous large salmon can do to tackle, the spool of the reel actually came apart into 2 pieces:

101_0182.jpg

For a first steelhead, that is a beauty. Will be tough to top that one.

X2!!

Beautiful specimen there man,somewhat like shooting a 200" whitetail on your first ever deerhunt,you might as well retire now,lol. :bow: