Fly Fusion Forums

U F O 's

Was a little bored today - saw a bunch of PVR'd alien shows- had it on my mind. Just thinking with all these shows and radio programs seems like they are out there. Are you members too scared to talk about it because of the Men in Black? LOL

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

Tons of Aliens in Calgary now that we allow Mexican to come up on work visa lol

but this cant be the only planet to sustain life but i think if they can travel faster than light to check in on us they will keep the hell away...or keep screwing with us from afar lol

We were driving out to Brag Creek with my girls last May and one of them snapped this out the side window with her DS. She does not remember seeing anything. If anyone knows if this is a special effect in a Nintendo 3DS please let me know.

post-4425-1339635323.jpg

• Like 1

Guest NamasteMushroom
I was really hoping for more of your stories, but what should I expect from a bunch of

Pro fly people to Enjoy Alien conspiracy theories.

I've never seen one myself, but a good friend of mine claims he saw a chrome featureless disc hovering over a gas plant(?) outside of High River.

If I heard the story from anyone else I would have been sceptical, however, my friend would never have BSed about something like that.

Jimmy Carter claimed to have seen one, and apparently Bill Clinton requested access to documents regarding Area 51.

I think it is reasonable to believe that intelligent life exists beyond our solar system, and if technology grows exponentially (according to some great writers such as Ray Kurzweil), then interstellar space travel is no doubt possible, as would be the investigation and mapping of millions of star systems.

If Aliens have visited Earth, perhaps they have a 'prime directive'; and no doubt the means to observe without detection.

It's a great topic, and it's too bad so many people have been indoctrinated into making fun of anyone who discusses or suggests ETs.

I've never seen one myself, but a good friend of mine claims he saw a chrome featureless disc hovering over a gas plant(?) outside of High River.

If I heard the story from anyone else I would have been sceptical, however, my friend would never have BSed about something like that.

Jimmy Carter claimed to have seen one, and apparently Bill Clinton requested access to documents regarding Area 51.

I think it is reasonable to believe that intelligent life exists beyond our solar system, and if technology grows exponentially (according to some great writers such as Ray Kurzweil), then interstellar space travel is no doubt possible, as would be the investigation and mapping of millions of star systems.

If Aliens have visited Earth, perhaps they have a 'prime directive'; and no doubt the means to observe without detection.

It's a great topic, and it's too bad so many people have been indoctrinated into making fun of anyone who discusses or suggests ETs.

Interesting. Steven Hawking made the comment that maybe we really don't want ETs here. Think about it. What did the Europeans do when they discovered the new world? If a race is going to spend billions of dollars to travel to a distant planet, what do they want in return? What if they aren't nice? The prime directive seems to be money.

observe without detection - hell, if notorious felons can escape law enforcement when they are actually being hunted, think how easy it would be for an alien.

Cheers

Guest NamasteMushroom
If a race is going to spend billions of dollars to travel to a distant planet, what do they want in return? What if they aren't nice? The prime directive seems to be money.

Cheers

Hmm, I guess anything is possible, but I would speculate money is not the motive in an advanced society. Perhaps when a species evolves to a certain point knowledge and enlightenment transcend desires for material wealth?

The truth is out there..

Guest NamasteMushroom
I am sure they would come here and have us sign a treaty allowing us to keep our traditional ways of expolitation and consumption.

Nice one.

post-3881-1340323573.png

Having trouble getting the video working, but here is a pic. Lots of lights and stories out there especially on the web. Still looking for some fun on fly fish calgary with ufo stories, maybe I should switch it to ufo flys. Proud to be a member of fly fish calgary.

thanks

fly fishy

Been tying some serious flys - adding to my top six. Been on fly fish calgary all weekend off and on. With all the serious fly fish Calgary topics going on I thought it would be refreshing to pull out the UFO topic. Anyone have any interesting tidbits you'd like to share with the team.

without a doubt. its only a matter of time until the day arrives when the presence of other-worldy beings is fully and truthfully announced to the world. thats the day we change as a race forever.

on a side note, german rocket scientists who later worked on the american saturn V rocket and such openly stated at the end of the war, on camera, that the german mastery of rocket technology and jet propulsion was directly influenced by, as one of the chief scientists put it "we had help from others..."

Ok... fine... I'll bite.

Way back when I was in highschool a friend and I were coming back late at night, probably from fishing or hunting. Hadn't been drinking or eating any weird "shroons" that we found along the way either. I was driving a gravel road a couple of km's from my house in the country. It was an overcast night and toward the horizon in front of us we saw a flash of light that lit up the clouds. We both initially thought it was lightning from a distance storm. It "blinked" again and we realized it was above the clouds but the clouds in that area lit up. It looked like distant lightning but definitely wasn't. It blinked again and we both looked at each other wondering what it was.

(And this is where it gets crazy). It blinked again above the clouds and then suddenly broke through the clouds and flew through the air toward us and in a second was about 50ft above the trees on my driver's side and began moving along with us. It was probably 5-10+km's away when we first saw it blinking and it was next to us in seconds. I've been to airshows; F-18's don't come close.

I slowed to about 50km's and rolled down the window and stuck my head out to look up at it, as my friend grabbed the wheel to keep us on the road. There was no sound of engines or anything else. And it was big, probably 30-50ft across. Not sure of shape (I would guess spherical but it was hard to tell) but there were several blinking lights. We were freaking out but still managed to make a couple of anal probing jokes as I slowly drove up the road about a km and then went up our driveway. It silently followed us all of the way and when I turned up the driveway, it held back a little, stopped, turned and slowly went over the trees and out of sight back in the direction we had just came. Didn't get much sleep that night.. or following nights.

I'm not going to say it was aliens but it was definitely an Unidentified Flying Object. I've never seen anything move as quickly as it did, or hover like that without a sound. And perhaps it is the military test-driving prototypes, but if that is the case, they need to put this thing in production A.S.A.P. cause it's awesome.

And I wouldn't believe me either if I heard this so I won't take it personally if you don't. It was pretty crazy.

Cheers.

Guest NamasteMushroom
Ok... fine... I'll bite.

Way back when I was in highschool a friend and I were coming back late at night, probably from fishing or hunting. Hadn't been drinking or eating any weird "shroons" that we found along the way either. I was driving a gravel road a couple of km's from my house in the country. It was an overcast night and toward the horizon in front of us we saw a flash of light that lit up the clouds. We both initially thought it was lightning from a distance storm. It "blinked" again and we realized it was above the clouds but the clouds in that area lit up. It looked like distant lightning but definitely wasn't. It blinked again and we both looked at each other wondering what it was.

(And this is where it gets crazy). It blinked again above the clouds and then suddenly broke through the clouds and flew through the air toward us and in a second was about 50ft above the trees on my driver's side and began moving along with us. It was probably 5-10+km's away when we first saw it blinking and it was next to us in seconds. I've been to airshows; F-18's don't come close.

I slowed to about 50km's and rolled down the window and stuck my head out to look up at it, as my friend grabbed the wheel to keep us on the road. There was no sound of engines or anything else. And it was big, probably 30-50ft across. Not sure of shape (I would guess spherical but it was hard to tell) but there were several blinking lights. We were freaking out but still managed to make a couple of anal probing jokes as I slowly drove up the road about a km and then went up our driveway. It silently followed us all of the way and when I turned up the driveway, it held back a little, stopped, turned and slowly went over the trees and out of sight back in the direction we had just came. Didn't get much sleep that night.. or following nights.

I'm not going to say it was aliens but it was definitely an Unidentified Flying Object. I've never seen anything move as quickly as it did, or hover like that without a sound. And perhaps it is the military test-driving prototypes, but if that is the case, they need to put this thing in production A.S.A.P. cause it's awesome.

And I wouldn't believe me either if I heard this so I won't take it personally if you don't. It was pretty crazy.

Cheers.

One word.

Cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Once, back in the early nineties, my section and I were doing a night navigation ex in the Sarcee training area. We were taking a break after having made all of our objectives in good order and a couple of us were passing the time looking at the stars to the north and west of the city as there was much less light pollution in that direction.

Someone remarked on how fast a plane was moving so we started looking for the light he was talking about. Since I was near him I caught sight of the light first, followed by one, then another and another of us. The "plane" was a mere speck of light traveling very fast from north to south west and had no navigation lights of any kind in evidence. This of course led me to remark that the "plane" was really a satellite and therefore reflecting sunlight off it's hull and solar panels. Since it didn't leave a trail of light like a meteor we were all in agreement. That is until the "satellite" suddenly and very rapidly made a ninety degree turn and was across the sky in less than as second. After that it began making a series of very high speed vectors back and forth across the sky along with impossible vector changes of nearly as much as 180 degrees.

A couple of the guys had their civilian pilots licenses and/or had pilot friends in the military and as such knew that what we were witnessing was something not possible by any manned aircraft of any known configuration. We watched this object for about twenty five minutes before it shot off to the southwest at an even higher velocity than before and disappeared over the horizon.

We all saw it, some longer than others, and not a one of us could even begin to identify it, so it was, by the true definition, an unidentified flying object. Some of us, such as myself, freely admit to seeing it. Others will only talk about it to the rest of us, and the few remaining barely admit it took place and deny any notion of a UFO despite the true definition.

However, the strangest part of the whole event occurred over then few days when everyone present was pulled away from their regular duties and questioned pointedly by an officer and two professional looking men in suits that declined to introduce themselves. I will never forget those men as despite lacking any uniform or rank or insignia, I knew they meant business and that even the officers knew it and deferred to them. The blonde one had an accent that placed him from somewhere a lot farther south and west than Ottawa...