Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone In Calgary A Wireless Expert?

Where are you trying to view it from? If it is from an external computer off your own network, i.e. a work computer, the ports for the stream may be blocked. Can you see it from another computer on your network? Perhaps a description of the problem you are seeing and the setup you have might help.

Also make sure the streaming port is open if you're behind a router. I know you said it was working to begin with but I had one that did the same thing. Worked for weeks then all of a sudden didn't. After some troubleshooting I found I never had the right port open. Not sure how it worked to begin with.

What software are you using to stream it? Please don't say it's x10 software. I found the easist to use is Simple Cam but the one I like the best is TinCam.

Its a linksys cam. I have it hooked up through my network. I can see it if i type the IP in the browser. Now i set it up for port 1024 and port forwarded 1024 to 1024 and assigned teh camera IP and enabled. Now i dont know wtf is wrong.

Dave,

I'll talk to my technition on this I know I sell the camera you got.

We tested it out for a couple of weeks last year when we first got it and everything seemed at that time to work fine. Could be that yu just got a dud.

Anyways will get bac to you.

rotflmao, that has to be the best reason for a cam yet. Can't wait until daylight. Does the first person to give you a description of the dog get a free box of flies?

Glad my suggestion helped.

Port 8080 worked. Thanks Dam.

http://dogshit.dyndns.org

Im trying to find out who's dog is crappin on my lawn and who the owner is.

Well Double D, it seems to be workin but you must have it in the closet.. :blink: ... black screen....can't get vid to run... oh yeah... the lansky's vid runs on IE, no firefox :D:D

Not in Cal, not a wireless expert. But OMG is that funny! I applaud your efforts to apply the hi tech to your, uh, earthly problem.

Along those lines, a friend spent weeks landscaping his hilly front yard, setting boulders, hand placing stones, planting shrubs and flowers. Then along comes a thief and starts stealing his stones! Imagine what the local police had to say when he called them about the case of the missing rocks. No time for that.

So he bought himself a camera and sure enough he catches the thief. Turns out to be the neighbor directly across the street. Turns out she has mental problems. Kinda took the wind out of the Rock Justice sails, but she gave them all back.

Its working now taco.

'K........windy up there today and yer neighbor looks kinda suspicious....... watched it for about 5 minutes..... kinda like fishin chronies or watchin grass grow :wacko: :wacko: give us 5 minutes warnin before you run around yer lawn nekkid :P :P