Fly Fusion Forums

Draw For Tickets To Back Cast Fly Fishing Film Festival

Flytyer

Michelle at Bow River Shuttles has kindly donated 2 pairs of tickets for this year's Back Cast Fly Fishing Film Festival. One pair of tickets are for the matinee and one pair for the evening show.

Enter on this thread and indicate which show you would prefer. Entries close at 8 pm MST Monday. February 20.

The Back Cast Film Festival is sponsored by Bow River Shuttles with the net proceeds being donated to Project Healing Waters Fly Fish Canada.

Each screening features a different line-up of films

Matinee

"Black Tailed Devils"

"The Best of Catch Magazine"

"Digger: Portrait of a Bamboo Fly Rod Maker”

“The Waters of Greenstone: The Long Way Home”

Evening

“Glacial Bull Trout” & “New Zealand Cutthroat”

“Fisherman’s Fall”

"A Foam Odyssey"

"Off The Grid"

“Tapâm”

Date: Saturday Feb 25, 2012

Time:

Matinee: Doors open @ 12:00 noon, Show @ 1:00 pm.

Evening: Doors open @ 5:30 pm, Show @ 6:30 pm.

Tickets pricing:

Adult: $15 ($25 for both shows) in Advance, $20 at the door

Child: $10 ($15 for both shows) in Advance, $15 at the door

Link to film information: http://conta.cc/wR5sPX

Link to purchase tickets online: http://www.eventsonline.ca/events/bow_rs_film/

Good Luck for those who enter, and remember to put on which screening (matinee or evening) you can attend.

Hi everyone,

I’ve copied below my signature a PM I received from Fly Tyer.

Congratulation to the two winners: fishinglivin (for matinee) and bcube (ro evening).

Special ‘thanks’ to Flytyer for overseeing this draw.

Thanks to all the others who put their name in for this ticket draw.

I encourage each of you to consider purchasing some Back Cast FFFF tickets for yourself.

In doing do, you’ll be:

- Supporting the work of Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Canada. Net proceeds from this event are donated to PHWFFC

- Supporting the development of local amateur fly fishing film makers, including The Humble Fisherman (Jay Jones) and Jenson Fly Fishing Productions (Dave & Amelia Jensen). Their never-before-seen-in-public films, “Glacial Bull Trout” and “New Zealand Cuthroat”, will be screened and are vying for honours as ‘Best Film’. The winner will be chosen by you, the audience, and will receive $500. Please come out to cheer them on and vote for your favourite film.

- Supporting our local food banks. Cardel Theatre provides complementary use of their theatre for charitable-type events like Back Cast FFFF, and ask only that theatre goers please bring along an item for the food bank.

- Enjoying a number of full length films, by some of the very best fly fishing film makers from both yesterday and today.

Advance Online ticket purchase is available until midnight tonight Thursday Feb 23 2012.

After that, tickets will be available at the door.

For more information about “Best Film of Back Cast FFFF Competition, click this link.

For more information about “Fly Fishing Movie Classics at Back Cast FFFF 2012”, click this link.

For more information, including the entire lineup of films, plus film synopses and film trailers, click on this link

Finally, you can follow our daily "Countdown to Back Cast Fly Fishing Film Festival", featuring exclusive photos from the film producers, on our Bow River Shuttles Blog, Back Cast Fly Fishing Film Festival Facebook Page and Bow River Shuttles Twitter feed.

Thank you.

Michelle

Hi Michelle

My apologies for running late for the draw; I have been under the weather for the better part of a week and I have done a lot of resting. I did get the draw done and sent out for contact info which is as follows:

matinee draw won by fishinglivin

evening draw won by bcube

Once again my apologies for running late.

Cheers

Ron