Fly Fusion Forums

Calling All Fly Tyers

ladystrange

ok boys, call me the bossy female if you want to. ;)

i was hoping to drum up a little enthusiasm. flytyer has been kind enough to contact a few people over the pond to set up a fly swap with the UK boys. :D

it seems so far we only have 4 interested parties to the UK's 10 or so, I haven't check today for how many they actually have ready and waiting to tie us a few flies but they are putting us to shame. :(

personally, i think this is a great oppertunity to learn, expand our knowledge and share

so here's the kick in the butt. if you are curious and interested, come join us.

if you are concerned about not knowing what to tie, go and check out the forum http://ukflydressing.proboards83.com/index.cgi

some of the members even have their own websites with step by step instructions with pictures. plus a ton of helpful hints.

Thanks guys. and i'll try to keep my bossiness to myself. :P

Thanks ladystrange perhaps your harping on them on tyers here will get them involved. It has the makings for a great swap and could easily become an annual event. All it takes is participation on your part.

FYI: Flies tied here will be gathered by myself and I send them off to Tango in the UK. He does the same from his end. So if you are concerned about shipping them overseas you need not worry it will be taken care of for you.

After taking part in my first swap (fav flies) earlier this year I would love to be involved in another, but......................

Currently home renos and the fact my fly tying gear is in a suit case will be my excuse this time.

I'll be up for a spring swap if one becomes available.

Thanks for the offer

Ladystrange,

sometimes the soft approach, even from a woman, does not work and then you have to resort to butt kicking to get things moving!

Glad to see your enthusiasm for this swap - you want to see the horror I have created for this!

Go for it Girl!

There's a soft approach? i was not aware of this. humm. tact has never been a virtue of mine.

how about crying and pouting? does that work on men? i've heard it does but never tried it.

Would it be crass to threaten tears if more people dont sign up? :P I'll pout, really, I will. it's not a pretty sight. and then i may even have to resort to begging. ;) and that's just down right ugly then... :(

I guess I'll jump in on this one if you still need more people. When will the due date be?

Thanks for signing on Doug.Tango and I will work out the final details and we will post the guide lines on our respective boards. My guess might be a Nov date but that is still to be determined.

That puts us at 8 here 11 on the UK side

Thanks for signing on Doug.Tango and I will work out the final details and we will post the guide lines on our respective boards. My guess might be a Nov date but that is still to be determined.

That puts us at 8 here 11 on the UK side

Got the makings of a good swap this. Don't worry if you don't think your flies are up to scratch, they're bound to look good next to mine! :blink:

Now, who's up for a Bergman wet?