Fly Fusion Forums

I Think This Is A Good Idea...

ÜberFly

I heard about this on the radio the other day and finally looked into it...

http://wishlist.thedi.ca/

I think many of us are in a pretty good state (financially, etc.) and there are many others that are not (as we all know).

Not getting into a debate on other peoples specific situations, whys/why nots, haves/have nots, etc. and I am aware that there are many deserving charities out there that can use our support...

If you haven't yet contributed to a (deserving) charity this season, this is the one Deb and I have decided to support this year (or at least one person on their list) and I ask that others on here follow suit.

Cheers and Merry Christmas (Happy Holidays)

Peter (and Deb)

P.S. I especially think that gifts that help people seek/maintain employment, makes a perfect gift (work boots/clothes for example), but that is just my opinion...

Is that including the bazzilions of dollars their government spent to bail out their financial institutions and private sector??? I Keed I Keed ...... Kinda.

Hey Uber I listen to CBC to thanks for bringing this into the spotlight the segment I heard was very touching.I hope they find the people to fill the 175 wishes they have left to fill. It was crazy to hear that one wish was as simple as the person just wanted salt and pepper for Christmas I feel bad now for wanting Jayhads drift boat.

Is that including the bazzilions of dollars their government spent to bail out their financial institutions and private sector??? I Keed I Keed ...... Kinda.

No. And I'm not showing you any other spots.

Those of us who can should try to do something, somewhere to help out. My wife did a kitchen shift at the Drop In Center, and my son and I drove gifts and foods the church donated to a couple of families. There are so many opportunities to help your community, and the smiles you get are so worth it!