Fly Fusion Forums

Ski Boot Fitter

Anyone know of a boot fitter in Calgary?! I've been having issues with forming my liners (were great out of the box then I molded [moulded] them and now I'm swimming - no one told me that I didn't have to mold [mould] them!)... So now I need to try and get them back to as close to stock as possible and want someone that has a lot of experience...

I've heard Felix Ski Service on Bowness Road is great... Anyone else?!

Peter

Can't go wrong with Ski Cellar on 17th sw...they know their shiz.

Fresh sports in Kensington is also rad, talk to Dave.

What kind of boots are they? Different places will specialize in heat fitting certain brands over others.

Dynafit Alpine Touring boots... And don't say MEC as they screwed them up in 1st place (their heater was down so they used the xc ski boot heater and it didin't get them hot enough)...

Our family exclusively dealt with Ski Celler 25 years ago, so maybe I'll check them out...

Thanks,

P

Can't go wrong with Ski Cellar on 17th sw...they know their shiz.

Fresh sports in Kensington is also rad, talk to Dave.

What kind of boots are they? Different places will specialize in heat fitting certain brands over others.

Ev,

Wearing more socks is NOT the answer as it can actually make feet colder with the new style of boots (from what I've been told)...

P

i'd say felix too. been there a couple of times with one of my co workers, great people and great service..

or just wear more socks..that should fix the issue

Worked part-time at Cellar off McLeod for 7 years. We don't sell a lot of touring stuff, but I do have some experience with the 'intuition' style liners as I bought some Garmont Endorphins a few years ago. I was warned to buy them tight, I fit them myself using a convection oven (can find directions online). I have problems on the outside of my foot so I duct-taped a pad to the side of my foot to make a bit of room. I was in tears while I wore the boots around for 10mins after the liners came out of the oven, but they pack out about a half to full size, and now, they fit like a glove! So I would say for anything with this style of liner that if it feels comfy in the store, it's too bit, it should be quite snug before heat fitting. Just my experience!

Ev,

Wearing more socks is NOT the answer as it can actually make feet colder with the new style of boots (from what I've been told)...

P

haha.. i know i was kidding..wearing more socks is a terrible idea, you feet sweat and get cold way to fast

Nope, I meant I was SOLD boots that were too big b/c of the reco of the staff - they said the boots were the right size for me when in fact, they were not (if you read my initial post, they seemed to fit well out of the box and with moldable liners, they should fit tight out of the box - as was previously stated by Mr. Vhawk12)!! <--poke--< <--poke--<

You mean you bought boots that were too big. <--poke--<

Nope, I meant I was SOLD boots that were too big b/c of the reco of the staff - they said the boots were the right size for me when in fact, they were not (if you read my initial post, they seemed to fit well out of the box and with moldable liners, they should fit tight out of the box - as was previously stated by Mr. Vhawk12)!! <--poke--< <--poke--<

So what you're really saying is you allowed yourself to be SOLD on boots that were too big b/c of the reco of the staff?

Way to go. Next time rely on the reco of the good people at FFC. They will know best, just like Mommy. <--poke--< <--poke--< <--poke--<

Exactly! ;)

So what you're really saying is you allowed yourself to be SOLD on boots that were too big b/c of the reco of the staff?

Way to go. Next time rely on the reco of the good people at FFC. They will know best, just like Mommy. <--poke--< <--poke--< <--poke--<