Fly Fusion Forums

What Are The Odds

rhuseby

I was fishing in Fish Creek yesterday and lost my complete set up, worm, weevil and split shot on the last cast. I was fishing the same hole again today, and snagged the entire rig and brought it in. Maybe I should have bought a lottery ticket on the way home! Has anyone else ever pulled off something like that? What are the odds after all?

I was fishing for bulls one spring a few years ago when I pulled in what I thought was a clump of weeds hanging off the end of my streamer, as I brought it up closer to pull it off I noticed that it was actually another bunny strip streamer that I had hooked directly through the eye. The guy I was fishing with was there with his friend the week before and confirmed it was one of his friends ties that he had lost on their last trip out. I thought it was pretty amazing just to hook it, but to hook it directly through the eye the odds must have been astronomical.

I have never caught my own rig, but I when i was ice fishign I thoguth I had hooked a fish, reeled up to see my lure come out of the hole with the hook caught through the eye of a 3 way swivel. I unhooked it off my lure and pulled the rest of the line up that was attached to it and there was a fish on the hook on the end.