Fly Fusion Forums

Green Gloves

Toirtis

OK, this is a weird one. I found a funky pattern online that I desperately want to tie. The main ingredient is strips of chartreuse rubber gloves...the sort used for doing dishes, etc. Problem is, I can find gloves only in varying shades of yellow. If anyone spots chartreuse gloves out there (WalMart, CanTire, dollar stores, etc), please let me know.

The green gloves are made of Nitrile. If you are looking for them they usually have then at Princess Auto.They are used commonly for chemical handling.

If you cant find them let me know. I may beable to give you some depending on what thickness you need.

Link to pattern?

Andrew

Toirtis,

Medical supply stores carry a broad selection of gloves in various colors.

Sadly, too thin for my use...I have lots of those at home already.

The stuff maybe another latex product. Make sure you get the one w/o lubricant - the fish fall off.

Don

haha!...yoou very funny, Mr. Don!

The green gloves are made of Nitrile. If you are looking for them they usually have then at Princess Auto.They are used commonly for chemical handling.

I think those might be a tad thick...I really need the sort used for dishes, cleaning about the house, etc.

If you cant find them let me know. I may beable to give you some depending on what thickness you need.

Link to pattern?

Andrew

Thanks...linky: http://dronsworld.blogspot.com/2011/11/lat...-la-caddis.html

Toirtis,

Yupe - get it @ the Medical Supply Store. It's like dental dam is used for stretching exercises. I've got it in various thicknesses for the "bottle" style of rod varnishing. The local shop has it in rolls of various colors including an obnoxious green.

It does have a powder on the surface to protect it from Ozone. Typically the powder is talc.

regards,

Don

Toirtis,

Yupe - get it @ the Medical Supply Store. It's like dental dam is used for stretching exercises. I've got it in various thicknesses for the "bottle" style of rod varnishing. The local shop has it in rolls of various colors including an obnoxious green.

It does have a powder on the surface to protect it from Ozone. Typically the powder is talc.

regards,

Don

Sweet...thanks, Don. I will have to see if I can swing by there this week.