Fly Fusion Forums

Big Bow Clean-up

Glenbow

Guest bigbadbrent

Next Event:

At the willow park GC. Everyone bring their 7 woods and 5 irons....

meet at the parking lot..might want to bring the OLD woods and irons, dont think the parking lot has too many grass spots for hitting at the clubhouse and BMW's..

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next Event:

At the willow park GC. Everyone bring their 7 woods and 5 irons....

meet at the parking lot..might want to bring the OLD woods and irons, dont think the parking lot has too many grass spots for hitting at the clubhouse and BMW's..

7 wood? What are you, 60? (no offense to any 60 yr old, 7 wood users!)

Guest bigbadbrent
7 wood? What are you, 60? (no offense to any 60 yr old, 7 wood users!)

haha, i worked at a golf course all summer, and played one round, with rental clubs..it had a 7 wood....

*hangs head*

I'd take a day on the river cleaning up against the best day at work. Man did it feel good to get out with some fellow fly-fishers (being PC here Brownee) and help clean-up the environment! Many thanks to the organizers and sponsors! I look forward to running into all my new friends on the river, well done all!

Hi All,

Thanks everyone for coming out. Hope all had a good time. The weather was great and it was awesome meeting many of the people I've been interacting with over the past few years.

A few requests:

• Anyone that has taken pics during the day, please forward them to richard.samuel.wong@gmail.com. If you have too many, I can send you a link to an ftp site where you can upload all at once. PM me if necessary.
  • Need someone with webpage development skills. We would like to put up a formal page to summarize the day and thank sponsors. Anybody interested? It would be much appreciated and would likely only take half an hour or so.
Here's a smattering of pictures from the bbq that I've taken:

Lawrence (LK) and Chris (Wetduck) talking about the finer points of eating burgers efficiently.

P1010046.jpg

P1010047.jpg

LoneFisher working da 'cue

P1010048.jpg

Glen showing off the spatula:

P1010049.jpg

P1010054.jpg

P1010053.jpg

P1010052.jpg

It was a great day to be out there for sure. The weather was quite cooperative, and it was awesome hanging out with other people who were as crazy about flyfishing as I was. Thanks to Osprey for all the fishing tips while we were eating, and Toolman & Speyghillie for the demos. I definitely learned a lot from everyone and enjoyed the fish stories.

Rich, I'll send you what pics I have tonight.

Glad to hear the Clean-up was a success. Hopefully next year it will coincide with my vacation and I will be there for sure.

Rob

Hey, Rob, you can't really use the "vacation" thing as an excuse; the clean-up was on a weekend! :angry:

Excuses, excuses! What's next? "Oh, I have an ocean & a continent between me and the Bow..."

Just kiddin', man. Would have liked to have met you; hopefully, next year. 'Cuz nobody's messin' up your

@#%&*%%#@@**&^&%$

vacation plans next year, right? ;)

See ya then.

-Steve M._

LOL I still feel bad about just showing up for the bbq so I was glad I could help out on the grill. Also (hangs head in shame) they even let me win a shot glass in the raffle...... And miraculously there was a bottle of whisky for me to test her out with.... saved me from another moment of total sobriety it did. Thanks Pipestone and Wongrs for setting things up and thanks to everybody that was out cleaning that day.

Guest bigbadbrent
Thats my new 8' 5wt VW key...I can still hear her saying "you can't lock the keys in a Jetta"

how did you lock the keys in the jetta, i know i've tried with my dad's....cant lock it from the inside..

Guest bigbadbrent

ouch..guess u lucked out with the moonroof, i lucked out with my car last year, threw everything in the trunk, shut it..forgot to lock my passenger door..woulda been screeeewed

It was great meeting everyone. Kudos to Rich who really did all the organizing and work - job well done, you'll be missed next year,.. all the best in Ottawa - looking forward to seeing pics of your first Ottawa river muskie on the fly !

We got lucky with the weather ! - that rain storm dumped on me all the way to Lake Louise from fish creek.

Everyone can help with next years event by taking the time to thank our sponsors when you visit their shops in the next while - it important they know how appreciated their support was.

Rob, I was looking forward to meeting you this year - hopefully things work out next year and you can make the trip

Yes, please take the time to thank our sponsors next time you are in their stores. They include:

Fish Tales - BBQ sponsor putting up $220

Country Pleasures - donating 6 Orvis duffle bags

Glenbow - donating a royal coachman shadow box, fishing cap and stocked bow river flybox

Icky Fly Works - donating 8 dozen flies and flybox

Bow River Troutfitters - donating a 2 person beginner fly fish tutorial

Fishin Hole - donating fly tie kit

Hansons Outfitters - donating $50 gift certificate

Gordon (SpeyGhillie) - spending 30 minutes demonstrating spey casting

Toolman - spending 30 minutes demonstrating high stick nymphing techniques

Next time you are in their stores, or speaking with Toolman/Gordon, please congratulate them for spending the time and money to support this event. The sponsors will also be thanked formally in our final cleanup report.

Hi Guy's

Was really good to meet everybody at the river clean up, a special thanks to Toolman not only did he drive me round, pick me up at the Airport and let me crash at his place but i also learned so much about the Bow and the fishing, a real education, thanks Toolman for everything.

So thanks guy's for making it a great weekend for me, having done a couple of Speycasting and a river clean up, the next thing is to fish the Bow, hope to make it back over soon for a cast on such a special river.

Special thanks to Greyhound for losing my waders, fly reels and rod carriers but finding my fly rods after Toolman kicked up *hit, again thanks for chasing around at all hours for my gear Toolman, got to go to Greyhuond depot and have a word .

Thanks Guy's.

Gordon .