Fly Fusion Forums

Marine Grade Carpet

I never new there was such a thing as marine grade carpet,my guess is it's expensive.I would use indoor/out door stuff or some sort of anti fatigue matting.

I have the in/out stuff on mine around the benches and the decks, seams to last.On a lake boat it would be nice on the floor as it would protect the fly lines.

Howdy All, I really enjoy my plywood floor w marine carpet in my jon. I bought the jon completed that way. I want to do the same for my alum lake boat. Do any of you know where to get marine grade carlet at a decent price? Any feedback is welcome. Thx :caffeetime:

I used the outdoor carpet from Home depot, comes grey or green. Last stuff lasted 8-10 years of pretty constant use.

Redid mine over last winter, this time coated the plywood first with 1/2 doz coats of spar varnish, again HD

they are discontinuing that product come 2012 so get some while you can.

Glued carpet with carpet adhesive using the notched trowel. Staple around edges of carpet and your done.

Dave

Did my lake boat with the grey patio carpet from Canadian Tire. Glue and staple and you are good to go. I do like the idea of treating the wood first, would last longer for sure. I am one season in. Did it after seeing your river boat Paul. Floors add some nice comfort to the boat and keep your gear off a wet dirty floor.

James