Fly Fusion Forums

Mongolia, Taimen, 15 Days?

Jayhad

I am looking at doing a trip to mongolia in june 2013, the trip will be professionally guided and I have got a package deal from a well known guide in mongolia.

It's not cheap, $6000, plus your flight (currently around $1500.) It's a 15 day trip, 13 fishing and treking on rafts and yak back, 1 day in the capital of Ulaanbaatar on both ends of the trip. 3 gourmet meals, housing will be in tents and Yurts, there are shower tents. Licenses, permits, in country flights, transport and all services included The trip is a treck into northern mongolia headwaters, fishing and treking up drifting down. Fishing for Grayling, Lenok and of course Taimen.

The trip has a requirement of 6 anglers, myself and a couple of buddies are interested so we need a few more to go. No commitments are needed but if this is something you would like to entertain please feel free to reply or PM me and I'll set up a Q & A night at a pub.

BiggyJ The trip hasn't been booked so july very well may be an option. The season opens on June 15, idealy we would like to be the first group on these systems. i was thinking of flying out of yyc on june 12ish that way we would be on the water opening day, i think. you can't work in a school as a teacher if you're sick wink

I'm working out details with two outfitters. May do one outfitter for each river or just one for both that will be for those who commit to the trip to decide