Fly Fusion Forums

Better Start Hoarding...

DougC

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

girls are stupid!.....yes it was a joke. at least this stuff can be pumped out of a machine and does not need time to grow and money to feed....

As if we were not already hit hard enough by the saddle hackle shortage! Better start stocking up on your holographic mylar too...

http://www.hairflairs.com/Ordering.html

$50 bucks for 400 strands! Get it while you still can. :laugh:

DougC; My daughter is a Hair stylist and the newest hair additive trend that she is seeing lately is to wear the full peacock eye in their hair. Oh no up goes the price on peacock herl better start hoarding that too!!

Here is another problem. I was talking to one of my suppliers and he said dyed saddle hackle is not getting hard to get. It is going to China for "crafty" things. Ear rings is not the big abuser. Hope this does not last long either.

• 2 months later...

Tinsel wont go far it is not as versatile at the hackle.. unlike the hackle it cant be put under extreme heat and is not as sturdy. It will be to finiky and static will be an issue. I do see a lot of shorter feathers now in hair. not just the long hackle.

Funny as it sounds coming from a stylist, yes it is totally frustrating and pissing me off as I can't tye any drys with out it..

~Kristi