Fly Fusion Forums

How To Store A Drift Boat During Winter

Appreciate any advise on how to store a drift boat during winter. This is my first winter here and just bought a drift boat. Question is whether it is possible to store it outside or do I really need to store it inside the garage. I am considered of splitting air cavities where water can accumulate and form ice and splitting the hull. Also damaging the hull and trailer due to the weight of snow and ice that accumulates. Any experienced advise out there will be much appreciated.

Appreciate any advise on how to store a drift boat during winter. This is my first winter here and just bought a drift boat. Question is whether it is possible to store it outside or do I really need to store it inside the garage. I am considered of splitting air cavities where water can accumulate and form ice and splitting the hull. Also damaging the hull and trailer due to the weight of snow and ice that accumulates. Any experienced advise out there will be much appreciated.

My boat has a cover & I store mine outside year round, it sits high on the front so it drains after a float trip during the season, & during winter it sits the same way, bow in the air so the the snow slides off. Never been a concern, or a worry for me, I just wash it & clean it up good & put her in the back yard, ready for next year.