Fly Fusion Forums

Kill Button 15 Hp Johnson

My kill button on my 15 horse does not work. With the key on or off it, the motor will work, but it wont stop if I pull the kill cord, or press the kill button. Does anyone know if this is an easy fix, I could maybe do myself? Would it just be a wire to solder, sp? or more involved? Any input is appreciated. Thx Paul

The switch is located in the handle if I'm not mistaken. I just took my 15 Evenrude appart and replace the handle and throttle cable. The shut of switch is a bit of a chore to replace if that's the issue. You can check on line for the part. I used Boats.net. Got all my parts sent from Florida including an new prop and it cost about what just the prop would have been if I had of bought it locally. Crazy isn't it. Took 10 days to get my suff shipped right to my door. The parts are all OEM parts. Not off shore equivalent. Just find the year and model of your engine. It is located on the side of the clamp and should be on the right side of the motor opposite of the handle.

Rob