Fly Fusion Forums

Arctic Greyling

the water is pretty clear, kind of like fishing in an aquarium, you can see them and they can see you. i fished from shore last summer with no luck and not enough distance on the cast. i feel shame...

next summer i will try with the Cat 4 to get out to the middle. got a great picture of a loon though.

i did try leech, chronomids and brassies, but they just kept swimming past me. i swear they were sticking out their tongues...

thanks for all the replies, that's awesome. So what do you think my chances are fishing from shore? I guess it's better getting a float and get to the deeper part of the lake, but I won't have access to one right now.

What is the tout population in there. I wanted to try the Wedge and maybe some other little ponds and lakes before I make my way down to fish the Highwood. I absolutely love it there in the canyons!! just breathtaking and so cool to see the fish in that clear water coming up for your fly.

thanks for all the replies, that's awesome. So what do you think my chances are fishing from shore? I guess it's better getting a float and get to the deeper part of the lake, but I won't have access to one right now.

What is the tout population in there. I wanted to try the Wedge and maybe some other little ponds and lakes before I make my way down to fish the Highwood. I absolutely love it there in the canyons!! just breathtaking and so cool to see the fish in that clear water coming up for your fly.

no trout. and probably not great fishing from shore. there is a lot of close quarters with trees and bushes. the access at the bottom of the hill when you first walk down is about the only clear spot with nothing behind you. if i remember correctly there is a clear area to right on the far side

i agree, quarry would probably be better. there is also bear pond but really only one good spot there to fish from shore also.