Fly Fusion Forums

Sage Warranty Vs St Croix Warranty

I came back from vacation this year to find my Sage Fli busted at the tip. That sucks so I phoned Sage this morning. Lady on the phone said $50.00 and it will take 4 - 6 weeks. Broke my St Croix Avid in June. $20.00 and it took 2 and a half weeks. I asked about the spare tip program. Sage $75 and you have to send the rod in. St. Croix was $20.00 and you could order the tip online. My Avid was a older model so I had to send it in but now I know which tip to order in case I break it again. If your stuck between buying a Sage or St. Croix, I'd look at the warranty, cost, and turn around times before I buy. Little FYI.

GM

I've found there are busy times and slow times with Sage. The summer is usually busier and results in longer waits and the winter seems to be slower with shorter turnaround. I suspect there are probably also a lot more Sage rods out there than St. Croix which probably has an impact on how long it takes.

Any one have experience with Scott or Redington warranties? I am in the market for a new rod and maybe I should consider warranty turnaround time before I buy.

I assume TFO is the fastest for Canadians? And especially for those who live in or near Calgary.

Redington is ok, pretty much the same as Sage (their parent company) for turn around... Last time I went through FTs and it was about a month! If I send it in on my own I try to get someone (usually Deb's parents) to send it through the states as it's $7 (USPS) verses $20+ through Canada Post!!

P

Any one have experience with Scott or Redington warranties? I am in the market for a new rod and maybe I should consider warranty turnaround time before I buy.

I assume TFO is the fastest for Canadians? And especially for those who live in or near Calgary.

i've sent my sage in three times, it's taken six weeks, four weeks and the last time was two weeks (in the middle of summer). with the $50 plus postage charge each time i figure my rod is now worth close to $500. any takers?

I've found there are busy times and slow times with Sage. The summer is usually busier and results in longer waits and the winter seems to be slower with shorter turnaround. I suspect there are probably also a lot more Sage rods out there than St. Croix which probably has an impact on how long it takes.

I think most of us would be surprised that there are probably more St. Croix rods out there than Sage Rods. St. Croix's has a broader range of fishing sticks with their conventional spinning and baitcasting rods being their best selling rods. That could be the reason to why there is a price difference for the "shipping and handling" fees is due to the greater volume of rods.

Typically I have found Sage to be one of the quickest for turnaround times for warranty work and they do great work. I have run into some issues on warranty work with some other rod manufacturers mentioned before, but every system may have their hiccups, while sometimes inconvenient, I am still thankful that the rod manufacturers offer the warranty and I don't have to buy a new rod.

I've had some pretty above and beyond service from Sage on reel warranty, very quick and they've gone the extra mile a few times. Knock on wood, I've never had to use them for any rod repairs, but would expect the same great service if I did.

While I really like my Loop two handers, I hope I never have to warranty them as I've never heard any good stories about their warranty process, at least in North America, though that may be changing for the better.