Fly Fusion Forums

Lights And Sirens

Having been wake washed a couple of times by a powerful jet boat on Monday last, I am wondering why jet boaters can't look at the havoc they are creating as they roar up and down the river. In my opinion the only time a jet boat should be making wake is if the lights and siren are on!

Do they make head waders? That way I may be able to stay dry as the jet boat tsunami hits!

A little common sense and etiquette by the stink pot operators would be apprecated.

Having been wake washed a couple of times by a powerful jet boat on Monday last, I am wondering why jet boaters can't look at the havoc they are creating as they roar up and down the river. In my opinion the only time a jet boat should be making wake is if the lights and siren are on!

Do they make head waders? That way I may be able to stay dry as the jet boat tsunami hits!

A little common sense and etiquette by the stink pot operators would be apprecated.

Yeah, there were a couple of BIG jet boats on the water Sunday as well!

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

haha, wait untill the race boats hit the water. I have done many floats down the RD and we get blasted by 2 or 4 BIG boats.

so far the police boat is the largest i have seen

I actually have no problem with courteous jet boats. Its the ocean-going monster that was on the river Sunday that was an issue, and makes a bad example for others who do play nice. Seriously, he was more than sea worthy and you could probably live on it 365 days a year. Funny thing is we got it on go-pro. Should try to make a funny clip of it....

I actually have no problem with courteous jet boats. Its the ocean-going monster that was on the river Sunday that was an issue, and makes a bad example for others who do play nice. Seriously, he was more than sea worthy and you could probably live on it 365 days a year. Funny thing is we got it on go-pro. Should try to make a funny clip of it....

I agree with this statement totally.

I know a few people that have Jetboats and they are very curtious to others on the river.

The problem is that we like to sterotype people all the time and if you have a bad experince with one jetboat then they all are the same which is not the case.

I use to be a jetboat hater on the boards till I went out with a very curtious jetboater and found that all the hate should of been directed at a few people but instead got directed to everyone.

I have seen the fire department boat on the river racing up and down the river causing wakes for the last five years now, and they do not have any lights or sirens, should they?

Unforntantly like everything in life there are those who care and those who do not.