Fly Fusion Forums

Jetskis On The Bow In The City

So last night I was fishing with a buddy around glenmore, and to jet skis blasted by????????????? I was pretty stunned as I know the bylaw against motorized craft in the city section, so my buddy tells me that ya this is th ethird time he's seen them on the water this week..... is there a # I can call when these douches are blasting around, there are no registration #s on the jetskis. I saw the fire dept go by a few time yesterday I am sure they must have seen these guys, but they are just fire fighters.

Now I'm not against jets or tubers or anyone using the river but when you are launching in the city and there are clearly visable signs around stating no motorized craft you have to be a jerk-off to ignore the signs.

Any ideas on a solution other than slashing their trailer tires :devilbob:

I think 311 is the sort of catch-all number to call for any city services including bylaw.

Even if you call the local city police, they will ensure the message is sent to the Officers who patrol the Inner City waterways. Might even see a high speed chase! :ridemcowboy:

I have seen a C.O come right up to hulls wood on a jet ski and check our licence. Chances are this is not the case but who knows.

I would call RAP and the City Police

That is possible but they weren't dressed like CO's, they were in a private vehicle and their "on water" behavior was more party less enforcement.

I called RAP they told me it wasn't a CO issue if they weren't breaking the laws in the regs and the CPS call centre blew me off as well (i called the non-emegency #) I was told it wasn't a police issue if there is no crime being committed, I stated that there are to be no motorized boats on the river and the person (whos name and CPS id # i got)on the CPS side said she didn't feel it was a CPS matter.

Never thought about 311... but if it's this hard to report a motorized vessel in city limits, maybe it's time to buy a jet boat......

Call 311 and they will direct your concern to Bylaw. It might take Bylaw a few days to get back to you, so don't expect instant action!

P

That is possible but they weren't dressed like CO's, they were in a private vehicle and their "on water" behavior was more party less enforcement.

I called RAP they told me it wasn't a CO issue if they weren't breaking the laws in the regs and the CPS call centre blew me off as well (i called the non-emegency #) I was told it wasn't a police issue if there is no crime being committed, I stated that there are to be no motorized boats on the river and the person (whos name and CPS id # i got)on the CPS side said she didn't feel it was a CPS matter.

Never thought about 311... but if it's this hard to report a motorized vessel in city limits, maybe it's time to buy a jet boat......

I've called enforcement on motorized vehicles within the city before and its the fire department you need to call. When I called, they came but the motorized boat had just come off the water, hence they didn't catch them "in action."

Okay, so they have a boat with no registration on it.

CO dont care not there job to enforce it

CPS dont care, and can to enforce it if they wish, but how do you catch a jet skier on water with a car?

Bylaw, they care but again they are on water

Fire department, do they really care? if so how far do they go to chase these guys all the way down to caresland?

I really don't think there is much anyone can do.

Okay, so they have a boat with no registration on it.

CO dont care not there job to enforce it

CPS dont care, and can to enforce it if they wish, but how do you catch a jet skier on water with a car?

Bylaw, they care but again they are on water

Fire department, do they really care? if so how far do they go to chase these guys all the way down to caresland?

I really don't think there is much anyone can do.

Nick,

Just incase you didn't know the poilce have a zodaic with a jet on it as they potrol the bow river in the summer from it, remeber when all the drunk rafters where getting tickets, it was calgary poilce that was doing that.

Nick,

Just incase you didn't know the poilce have a zodaic with a jet on it as they potrol the bow river in the summer from it, remeber when all the drunk rafters where getting tickets, it was calgary poilce that was doing that.

CPS zodiac is too busy dealing with the rafters on the Elbow kowtowing to the multi millionaires who own the big shacks along the river to deal with the odd complaint from anglers along the Bow. No houses along the Bow in the South, and the residents that are close are use to the Fire guys joy riding all summer in their jetboat not to notice the different noise of a jet ski or an outboard jet leg on a boat.

its obvious that bilaw, cps, fire dont give a *hit about this. I see it ll the time, especially close to the city limits where I fish.

Its called picking the low hanging fruit and this certainly aint it!