Fly Fusion Forums

Moooovi'n Ol Doc

So the wife, (Misses Silver Doctor) has a certain way about her. When she wants the home in the NE redone I come home to the fact that she had taken a sludge hammer to the walls, a fairly direct approach but one that actually penetrates through my dim life of work, fly tying, oil painting and enjoying the very odd dram of Scotch. Well I figured in my guy sort of way that something was up when all my stuff started to disappear. Starting unfortunately with the Scotch and followed by other things like my Hardy reel collection and other important toys. "Where is everything going and who what that strange guy wandering around the house last night"? I sez.

"Remember she sez we're selling the house and moving to a newer one in the NW" that was the Realtor. I dimly in my way, remember something to that effect but it was transposed with other important stuff like looking for some new small trout streams and rebuilding a couple of Vintage bamboo rods. Well she's been a packing me life away so I guess we've better move or I'll never find my old silk fly lines that have also disappeared into a host of packed bins I noticed growing in the garage (that solves that mystery nicely). Guess I'll have to think about important things for the move like what parts of the Bow will be close to hand and the best routs to western streams (someone needs to take care of the important aspects of the move).

So my question is has anyone moved "in city" lately and and could recommend affordable movers they have used. I've heard good things about two small men moving. Any thoughts so that I can concentrate on the good stuff in life.

hold the phone right there. if you are going to the trouble of moving within the city why the NE!!? you'll be a crazy rush hour drive from any fishing, anywhere. do yourself a favour and look in riverbend, douglasdale, mackenzie, chaparrall, or something southeast!!! You'll have so much less stress when trying to go fishing. I know a guy lived up in the NE pretty much gave up fishing becuase of the stress involved with battling calgary traffic to go!

edited: to include: you'll have to get used to heading right east then south and fishing the bow near mackinnon's/legacy/carseland. :)

Actually I'm in the NE now, my mistake it's gonna be a move to the NW, "she that must be obeyed" wants to be near the grand rug rats. My office is at the airport (although I work out of my home) Give up fishing... God that's like.... NO!!!!

hold the phone right there. if you are going to the trouble of moving within the city why the NE!!? you'll be a crazy rush hour drive from any fishing, anywhere. do yourself a favour and look in riverbend, douglasdale, mackenzie, chaparrall, or something southeast!!! You'll have so much less stress when trying to go fishing. I know a guy lived up in the NE pretty much gave up fishing becuase of the stress involved with battling calgary traffic to go!

edited: to include: you'll have to get used to heading right east then south and fishing the bow near mackinnon's/legacy/carseland. :)

Ive found to that now that Glenmore is done the Crowchild to Glenmore route is very fast for getting back to the SE. Unfortunatly have spent to much time at the childrens hospital and that route is good as long as its not rush hour. Ive made it to the deep SE in 15 minutes from the Childrens. Im not sure if they are still in business but I have used Loewen moving in the city three times and they were pretty good. Good luck with the move, beings that your going to the NW your even closer to those western streams.

Just finished our second move in 2 years with Jay's. They did an excellent job both times. We got Simon's crew this time - they've been working together for a few years. Lots of experience and nice guys.

I checked out movers thru the BBB before the move 2 years ago. Two small guys seemed to have a number of unresolved complaints from what I remember.

Lornce,

Make sure you keep track of the number of things they charge you for, i/e rolls of tape, boxes, etc. These are things they like to mis-count by A LOT and they pretty much pocket the cash!!

P

• 2 months later...

That's why I like fishing with you, you help me with my walker and get me pointed in the general direction of the river. :P

Mooovi old doc eh, well I guess I have a wheel chair somewhere for you, no motorized scooter cause if I had one I would be using it for my lazy self.