Fly Fusion Forums

Scratched Xbox 360 Game Disk

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

How do you professional gamers repair a scratched game disk? It is a 1/4 moon scratch on the outer 1/4 of the disk.

Guest Sundancefisher
if it's a game I play a lot I forget screwing around with half assed fixes that never really work well and head to EB and buy a used copy.

I had a movie repaired once at Block Buster. Worked perfect after that. Is there not a scratch repair kit?

Guest Sundancefisher

Update

Blockbuster fixed the scratch for ~$3. Son tested the game and it works again.

Cheers

Sun

Guest Sundancefisher
And the time you wasted looking for an answer you already knew................ priceless

huh? you got me...some how. Just gotta figure out how.

No...I had never repaired a game before. The movie was a used blockbuster copy...so the fix came with the movie. The game was not.

I was more curious about a do it yourself kit...kids will scratch more.

Wondering if anyone had any ideas..

In the end...when time permitted I was able to get over to Blockbuster to try and fix it...

No one did...but it was fixed. I am sure others will eventually have the same problem.

Cheers

How do you professional gamers repair a scratched game disk? It is a 1/4 moon scratch on the outer 1/4 of the disk.

Unfortunately, the 360 is notorious for beating up on discs. If you play a game hard (like I do with madden) you should always consider installing the game and running off the HD. The disc has to be in to play but its not constantly moving.

Now with a scratched disc, before you go out and spend any money you can try a gamer home remedy by scrubbing an abrasive toothpaste (like something with baking soda in it) all over your disc with your fingers or a cloth. Sounds barbaric I know but it works if the scratches aren't too deep.