Fly Fusion Forums

Patagonia Rock Grip Wading Boot

In the market for new wading boots. Have worn out my Simms Rivershed in the last couple years and was looking at Simms again, however some folks have indicated that Patagonia is a good boot. Comments and opinions would be apprecicated.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

PataGucci has a good name and boot but in spite of some people's cakeholin' in 20 yrs I've never gone wrong Simms. Last pair lasted 7-800 days and I routinely walk 5 to 10 k back to the truck

I had a pair of Patagonia River Walker wading boots and they were great! The rubber toe cap started to crack after 2 years and I sent them back under warrantee (didn't really have to) and Patagonia covered them, but didn't have my size in stock (in Canada) so they paid me out... I can't comment on the latest version, but I suspect they are top of the line!!

P

In the market for new wading boots. Have worn out my Simms Rivershed in the last couple years and was looking at Simms again, however some folks have indicated that Patagonia is a good boot. Comments and opinions would be apprecicated.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

When I was looking for wading boots, the rock grips were at the top of my list. I checked out Simms, however they were too wide for my foot. I wanted to get the rubber soles because I do a lot of walk and wade fishing. However, no shop had the rubber rock grips in stock. They were all on backorder and they were getting ship times around July. Maybe things have improved. I went with felt river walkers, and have been happy so far. Anyone seen them in sticky rubber patagonia's in stock in Calgary?