Fly Fusion Forums

The Morning

Guest FoamStoner

Guest Jeremie

P1010130.jpg

We didnt catch many this morning but im glad the few we caught were quality fish. This one taped about 22.5" and weighed somewhere in the ballpark of 4-5lbs. This fish took me into my backing and put a serious bend in the 6 wt. The picture does not do this fish justice!

Tight lines!

Guest Jeremie

Mostly triploids now, the winter killed off some of the bigger dips that were so old. I wear a size XL Ski glove for all those that want to know!

Hmm...just think it's odd that a 22.5" trout would weigh 4-5 lbs..more like 2-3 lbs sounds more realistic..unless this fish was a very deep/thick football of a fish...

Can't you just let the man have his story? We believe all of yours.

Guest Jeremie

Dont believe it, it doesnt matter to me, just so you know it was 3 inches thick across the back. I've seen 24" fish that have weighed 7 pounds ON A SCALE.

We forget that fish in a lake will usually out weigh a similar stream raised fish every time, 22 inch 5 lb fish are not that uncommon from a lake with a good forage base.

Nice fish Jeremie

Colin

Hmm...just think it's odd that a 22.5" trout would weigh 4-5 lbs..more like 2-3 lbs sounds more realistic..unless this fish was a very deep/thick football of a fish...

What is your point exactly? What difference does that makes ? This sections all about enjoying the pictures...

BTW Very nice fish Jeremie. Keep posting, I always enjoy watching your pictures...

I wanted to post this pic from a fish I caught at a neighborhood pond yesterday afternoon. This is to show the difference between a lake fish and river fish. While this girl is pretty fat, she is not the fattest one I've caught in this lake. I did not get a measurement on her as she was pretty damn difficult to handle, as you can see. I hesitate to guess and her girth makes her seem longer than she is. Lower 20s would be my guess and definitely 4 lb or more. Sorry for the arms extended photo and the fish not behaving itself. As I said, she was tough to handle. My buddy's daughters wanted to keep it to eat. I told them we would keep a smaller one. Haven't caught a small one yet, hopefully that continues!

photokde.jpg