Fly Fusion Forums

Layering Under Waders

What time of year?! In winter (late fall/early spring) I use MEC Expedition long underwear with 300 wt Bare fleece pants & liner socks, a thin pair of wool socks and another thicker pair of wool socks. Works well for me.

P

I use a pair of sweatpants, even under my neoprenes. It keeps me warm, but they arent any good at wicking away moisture. When you take off the waders in cold weather, the wet pants get cold fast. Not the best system, but I have done it so long, its hard to change.

I use Helly Hansen fleece socks year-round and Helly Hansen fleece pants in the winter. I stay warm longer than my hands last when the weather's cold. Both socks and pants are over 30 years old, bought them for ski-mountaineering in the 70s. Obviously the quality and durability are great.

30 year old poly pro!! Yikes! Must smell like "the Dickens"!!

P

I use Helly Hansen fleece socks year-round and Helly Hansen fleece pants in the winter. I stay warm longer than my hands last when the weather's cold. Both socks and pants are over 30 years old, bought them for ski-mountaineering in the 70s. Obviously the quality and durability are great.