Fly Fusion Forums

Who Hates Calgary Weather ???

I don't know about you guys but this weather in Calgary sucks all we get is snow snow and more snow and there has not been much nice weather here yet and we need some.Hopefully we have a long summer this year to fish or else i will for sure be mad.

Who here Agrees with me if you do reply and tell me your feelings about Calgary's weather. Thanks

On the west coast of the s isl of New Zealand one fine day this year, the small town we were in got 590mm of rain in 20 hrs. I kept a gif of the rain guage because I simply couldn't believe it. That's about 26". The local river went up 14 feet vertically. We were also fishing another stream the next day, which tells you how well that country handles volumes of water. It's quite common to get into 3, 4, or 5 week weather patterns there where fronts roll through every 24 to 36 hrs and each one dumps 150 to 600mm of rain. Not a New Zealand fan? How about the perpetual howling winds of Argentina or the highland plateaus of S America? There's no Holy Grail. Whatever the weather, we must weather the weather, whether we want to or not.

I'm blaming last nights snowfall on all you people that swapped out your snow tires last weekend.

I'm blaming it on the fact that I got a pedicure and got out my flip flops and washed my car all in the same day.