Fly Fusion Forums

For The Elliott Gang

H2O

Gok and I spent the day out at the lake, fished through 3 rain storms, caught lots of fish. Gok got this nice one at the end of the day on his 3wt.

Wow! Thats the 8lb'er?

I'm heading out tomorrow morning. Knowing there's one or two fish like that in there makes it exciting.

Good job, Gok!

Good job Gok. Looks like you guys had a great day battling storms and fish.

Russ, the brood stock are both very pale/goldish with no spots on their backs. I believe this is what Gok caught. At least 4 people have caught this one, can't wait to see the bigger one. This fish was even paler when I caught him a few months ago.

Brian, I think you are right in questioning a weight of 8lb.

Hey Gok, did this fish have a big scar on it's other operculum? The big fish I caught earlier in the year had a big "wound" on one side. That fish was around 26" and I would say very close to 8lb.

Gok, what was the length of the fish in this picture? Maybe a weight of 6lb is closer to reality.

Brian, I think you are right in questioning a weight of 8lb.

Hey Gok, did this fish have a big scar on it's other operculum? The big fish I caught earlier in the year had a big "wound" on one side. That fish was around 26" and I would say very close to 8lb.

Gok, what was the length of the fish in this picture? Maybe a weight of 6lb is closer to reality.

Well, we never said it was 8lb's, who knows, didn't measure or weigh it, quick pic and back into the lake.

Monger, if you caught a fish that was bigger than that fish and was around 8lbs then there must be more than 2 big fish in there. I've also caught one this year that looked about the same size as the one Gok caught but was not that one.

If you caught one that was 8lbs and 26" and was not that one either then A. more brood stock were put in then Dean has said. B. Some of the large fish we were catching last year are still there and even bigger. C. I'm wrong and caught the same one as Gok (even though it looked different) making the one you caught the largest in the lake, making Dean's size estimates way off. D. One of us is full of crap.

A combination of A and B would be the ideal choice.

Brian, any one of us would hook you up, your friends with half of the membership.

A fat 26in's would be around 8lb. I've caught and weighed (quick lift with fish in net on a digital scale, subtract weight of net) 26in fish that weighted 7lb's out of the Bow.

GAW caught what I believe to be a 12lb out of Elliott's. We didn't get a chance to measure, weigh or even take a picture of it (partial picture of him in the water in the Stillwater's thread). I really don't want to handle a prize like that anymore then is necessary to release it, so guesstimate is all we have.

First of all, I am definitely full of crap. Next, it is possible that Tim's weight estimates are way off. Third, maybe Russ was right in saying this fish is not one of the brood stock (but I can't believe a lake fish has no spots). I know the one I caught early in the year was a brooder because if was approaching an albino, tank reared pig with a big pink stripe. Now we need Steve's buddy to catch and photo the "12lber" again so we can do a proper analysis.

First of all, I am definitely full of crap. Next, it is possible that Tim's weight estimates are way off. Third, maybe Russ was right in saying this fish is not one of the brood stock (but I can't believe a lake fish has no spots). I know the one I caught early in the year was a brooder because if was approaching an albino, tank reared pig with a big pink stripe. Now we need Steve's buddy to catch and photo the "12lber" again so we can do a proper analysis.

Ya, the one I caught was albino like too. The most distinguishing feature about it was it's white outward swollen butt hole (no jokes please). Anyway, if your right that means it's Steve who is full of crap :lol:

We should have a friendly contest on who can catch the 12lb'er first. I can offer a drift boat trip in 2008 or return Westjet Flight (with limitations) but that's no good for me because I'm planning on winning :lol:

Man. We would of loved to get a photo (next time, ;) ) but since only its head would fit in my net (I had it by the tail) and since I was the one with the camera, I tried to give the tail to GAW and splish-splash, it was gone.

Just having fun here: From my elbow to my outstretched fingers, its 19ins. I'm assuming GOK's is about the same. Going by that, it looks like that fish could easily be 26in's.

Interesting note: If you hold your arms out to the sides with fingers stretched, that is how tall you are. I'm 6'. That may not correlate to elbow-to-fingertip length, but its probably not that far off.