Fly Fusion Forums

Random Camping Help.

HI just wondering if anyone can tell me if the reserve areas are open all year round to camping or are they seasonal. I am planing a spring camp for some youth and the area we usually go to is snowed in for some reason the road never got plowed this year. I'm in a bind to find an area that we don't have to book and is free.Is 532 open between 22 and the FTR? does it get plowed and is camping allowed along the 532 or do we have to go all the way to the FTR and camp along the Livingstone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jared.

Snow still pretty deep in both the foothills and mountain reserve areas @ least down here. I'd do a flyin' check for you but I gotta head east this mornin'. Cottonwood treed riverbottom somewhere out in the flats? Sorry couldn't be more help.

The FTR will be closed from 532 down to the Livingstone Falls as they are fixing a culvert and not building a temp bridge.

You could drive up from the south if the snow isn't bad. I was suppoesed to be up that way last week, but I heard the road wasn't great. Was going to check today, but now it's put off to Thursday (I hate meetings).

I'm not sure about the conditions up 532 from 22?

Jared,

Had a sudden epiphany, if you take 22 south and turn where 520 takes off east for Claresholm @ the top of the ridge 2 side rds join, one on the right is the sky line rd and I know its plowed 5-6 k to the south to a gas well. There'll be some places to camp along it, quite a few elk camps along that stretch in the fall. The rd to the left is the east trout creek rd and it may be plowed because they punched a well in there last fall. If it is open, plenty of camping along ck 8-9k in and all forestry both sides.

Thanks Taco! And next time i fish with Rick I'll be sure to grab his leader when im helping him land a fish.....and I'll be sure to wait till he's got a Reeeal nice one on the line...then i'll look at him with a cold stare and say "You bin TACOED Tex BBOOOOYA!!!".

Ricks just grumpy cuz his wife has a secret boyfriend

Thanks Taco! And next time i fish with Rick I'll be sure to grab his leader when im helping him land a fish.....and I'll be sure to wait till he's got a Reeeal nice one on the line...then i'll look at him with a cold stare and say "You bin TACOED Tex BBOOOOYA!!!".

Ricks just grumpy cuz his wife has a secret boyfriend

Guess it's not a secret anymore. Way to out yourself <--poke--<