Fly Fusion Forums

New Spey Gear

126barnes

So I finally got my new Spey set-up for the up coming Salmon season. A 13'6 7wt Peiroway Element along with a Lamson Litespeed 4, running a compact scandi and windcutter, wish it was nicer out tonight so I could have a go at a sea trout.....................I' guess I'll be watching the Bluejays instead.

IMG_0550.jpg

• 1 month later...

Finally had a chance to get out there and cast my new toy along with getting a few pointers as well.

Really liking the rod, even thou both lines I bought aren't really the best for her....................Scandi (510) too heavy..................wincutter (455) too light............................even thou both are castable and will probably used them for this season. But I was able to try a few lines and seem to have her dialed in at about 480.

Worked on a few cast that came along nicely ovef the weekend, just need to keep at it, and try to get the left side of by body working a little better.

I diff. see where this style of casting will make for a easier day (especially on the bigger water) and also reach a few holes that I just couldn't get too with the single hander.