Fly Fusion Forums

Bruins

You all know that serious athletes always know where they are on the playing surface, chara knew exactly where he was, timed it perfectly. You can see him waiting for the perfect moment to deliver that hit.

Exactly, he's played probably thousands of games. Its pretty ignorant to think that when you line up a hit like that, that it won't end bad.

You guys are right.... His intent was malicous and knew exactly where he was and should that post not have provided him with an opprtunity to possibly kill someone he may have have just stopped and two handed the guy in the head. What else do you do when you get beat?????

The comment about awarness and intent is rediculous.... have either of you never banged your head on a table or something in your home while distracted at that immediate momment? you've probably spent many days in your home with that particular object in the exact same location... you know where I'm going.

Done

I agree the only thing wrong with the hit is where it happened. Which makes it a disgusting and violent, criminal hit. That is not an argument in itself for why it shouldn't be disciplined. You all know that serious athletes always know where they are on the playing surface, chara knew exactly where he was, timed it perfectly. You can see him waiting for the perfect moment to deliver that hit. The folks who don't see that aren't being objective. he definitely aimed for that with a specific goal in mind - player into post. Only thing he didn't want to happen was the guys face into the post, body would have been fine. Unfortunately when you take a risk at fast speeds to make a dirty play in a dangerous location, something bad could happen. So I agree, if it was anywhere else on the ice it would have been harmless - but that's the whole point. It happened where it happened, and to pretend like the guys dont know where they are in relation to the rink is a lie. Disgusting...

Habs fan?

Does Chara have a reputation for being a dirty player or was this the first kind of incident for him? Just curious, as in my opinion to have been a malicious act you would have to consider the history of the player as well. For example, if the hit was done by someone who has made such plays in the past then, yeah, it would be more than likely that it was intentional and malicious. However, if the hit wad done by someone who doesn't have a "bad boy" reputation then you need to take that into consideration as well.

Either way, why do the politicians have to be getting into it? Don't they have bigger issues to worry about?

Does Chara have a reputation for being a dirty player or was this the first kind of incident for him? Just curious, as in my opinion to have been a malicious act you would have to consider the history of the player as well. For example, if the hit was done by someone who has made such plays in the past then, yeah, it would be more than likely that it was intentional and malicious. However, if the hit wad done by someone who doesn't have a "bad boy" reputation then you need to take that into consideration as well.

Either way, why do the politicians have to be getting into it? Don't they have bigger issues to worry about?

he has a clean record which was one of the reasons for no suspension. Chara is known around the league as a guy who plays it tough but plays clean.

Nope not a habs fan in fact I hate the NHL mainly for these type of acts which go unpunished and according to the 'experts' are just 'part of the game.' I don't want to waste any of my time watching a sport where thats just part of the game. I don't want to get into the whole fighting argument, but bottom line when your adrenaline is high and you're focused as intensely as playing a sport at this level, you know where you are and your surroundings at all times. If he hit him a second earlier he would have ended up on the bench. He waited to deliver that right on time. But talking to buds who play hockey and watch hockey they say there's millions of examples of guys getting bumped off into that post, its just unlucky the guy got hurt here. And that's my point - I dont want to watch a game where checking someone into a post happens all the time. And guys punch people from behind. Or hit people with sticks. Its a barbarian game for barbarian fans who want to see people hurt and watch what are the equivalent of drunken fights on skates. Its a circus show. Give me olympic or junior hockey any day.

Now comes the real issue...... why are these glass partitions is place anyways? To protect coaching staff from errant pucks? To segregated irate coaches/players from each other? For Pierre McGuire?

haha.. to funny.. i would like the partitions removed to hit pierre.. not a huge fan. And his monster of the game is never the monster... go away pierre!!

People that think he meant to injure Max or that this is some sort of crime need to climb back into there caves or go back to wearing your wifes panties. Listening to this kind of jibberish is disturbing to me. Max is a dirty player in his own right, so when guys hit him they probably try a little harder than say if it were a guy like Saku Koivu. That said Chara did not mean to hurt him, he isnt that kind of player and just because a player did get hurt doesnt mean it was on purpose.

I for one am a guy that hates Collin Campbell and the way he handles headshots, to me he doesnt seem to give a *hit about the players, this is one of the only calls he has made that I actually agree with. Matt Cooke should be thrown out of hockey along with a short list of others. When they gave him 4 games for his last hit it made me puke, he shouldve been gone for the rest of the season. Now everyone puts Chara under the same light as Matt and its a joke. Did anyone happen to catch that other hit were the guy skated past the other guy and delivered a nasty elbow to the back of his head? If so, that is a nasty shot with the intent to injure, the exact opposite of Chara rubbing a guy out into the boards, unfortunately that partition was there, its what caused the injury not Chara. Whoever posted that Chara new it was there and ran him into on purpose needs to go back to not knowing anything about hockey and go back to fishing your triple San Juan Worm rig/ dredging tool!

Another point is the fans in montreal, get over yourselves. Not every city thinks a crime has been committed when one of there players gets hurt. Your worse than Leafs fans. Personally I think they are just looking for another bad reason to burn there own city down.......again! Never were the smartest fans were they! This play was nothing more than a player getting rubbed out into the boards, it wasnt even a straight on shot into the boards. If the glass isnt there this conversation isnt even happening so lets take a closer look before we start spewing nonsense.

Everyone thats played hockey has probably had the unfortunate experience of getting hit into one of those partitions, its not a dirty play maybe more of a bad rink design. Thats all there is to it, nothing more so stop looking bleeding hearts. Its a fast game, kind of like when the poor camera man on the sidelines of a football game gets freight trained by a reciever that just caught the ball. He just cant get out of the way, this is exactly what happened.

If your not going to watch hockey because of it then fine dont, but dont feel free to give us your opinion on a matter you care nothing about. It would be like me arging the fact that I dont think you should wear your wifes underpants. I dont participate in those kinds of activities so i wont give you my opinion on it.

Bleeding hearts be gone!!!!

the more i read about the issue the more it stinks....bettman being cosy with the owner of the bruins who coincidentally just happens to be the one in charge of extending his $7.2MM contract.....campbell's son on the bruins.....now joe thornton pipes in with his comments....

remember when glencross was suspended for 2 games for his hit on crystal drury last year.....seemed like a pretty innocent play to me and i think just showed that drury must have a glass jaw......was not malicious or from behind or anything like that, seemed on the replay to me normal contact....yeah the puck had gone by before the hit but nothing compared to chara's hit.....i've changed my mind on the non-suspension to chara.....even he didn't intend to injure him he did given his previous issues with pacioretty and the bruins habs brawls and the severity of the injury i think a suspension was warranted.....maybe not 10 games but something.....

....and what about the 5 min penalty and game misconduct to lessard in the sens game last night?.....that was a joke and clearly just an overreaction to the pacioretty incident....maybe even the boarding penatly chara got last night.....demonstrating the inconsistency in officiating in the nhl......

Nope not a habs fan in fact I hate the NHL mainly for these type of acts which go unpunished and according to the 'experts' are just 'part of the game.' I don't want to waste any of my time watching a sport where thats just part of the game. I don't want to get into the whole fighting argument, but bottom line when your adrenaline is high and you're focused as intensely as playing a sport at this level, you know where you are and your surroundings at all times. If he hit him a second earlier he would have ended up on the bench. He waited to deliver that right on time. But talking to buds who play hockey and watch hockey they say there's millions of examples of guys getting bumped off into that post, its just unlucky the guy got hurt here. And that's my point - I dont want to watch a game where checking someone into a post happens all the time. And guys punch people from behind. Or hit people with sticks. Its a barbarian game for barbarian fans who want to see people hurt and watch what are the equivalent of drunken fights on skates. Its a circus show. Give me olympic or junior hockey any day.

soccers might be the game for you. no one ever gets hurt( except the guys throwing darts at each other in the stands). professioanl bowling is also a great game for the weak of heart.

Im so tired of non hockey fan, bleeding heart liberals voicing uneducated opinion on the best game and league ( nhl) on the planet. If you dont like it, dont watch it. Ill bet my house you have never been to a junior game and only watched the olympic games because it was on before the figure skating

Wow, some interesting and heartfelt opinions here!! Unfortunately, that's just what they are... opinions!! A flyfishing forum is the last place I expected to find people belittling one another based on eachothers opinions!!!!

Trash-talking is one thing, but come on people...

Whoever posted that Chara new it was there and ran him into on purpose needs to go back to not knowing anything about hockey and go back to fishing your triple San Juan Worm rig/ dredging tool!

These guys basically spend all day, every day in the rink. Do I think he meant to break the guys neck? Not a chance! Do I think he knew exactly where he was and ran him into the partition on purpose? Absolutely. IMO, you're fooling yourself if you DON'T think he did that on purpose.

Don't forget this incident the last time they played:

Click here if the movie does not play.

And before you start being "a nice guy" to me.. I've been watching hockey since I came out the womb 30 years ago...

If only you felt as strongly about this as you do about throat pumps on the poor fish! ;)

I see the throat pump as invasive and uncalled for, unless you are a biologist doing surveys or studies on species we dont need them.

soccers might be the game for you. no one ever gets hurt( except the guys throwing darts at each other in the stands). professioanl bowling is also a great game for the weak of heart.

Im so tired of non hockey fan, bleeding heart liberals voicing uneducated opinion on the best game and league ( nhl) on the planet. If you dont like it, dont watch it. Ill bet my house you have never been to a junior game and only watched the olympic games because it was on before the figure skating

Dont take it personal and get defensive man, a lot of people consider the WWE to be an awesome sport as well, the best on the planet. It's just a matter of opinions. I like watching skill, athleticism, and top-notch athletes competing to win games with everything they have. I'm just not a fan of watching goons fight on skates while they hold the other fighter's shoulder pad. Just not for me.... but to each their own. I am just giving my opinion of what I don't like about the NHL. I love big hits when they're part of the game, which is why I love watching football. But they all have respect for eachother in the NFL and wouldn't intentionally try to ruin eachother's careers, and they dont dilute the talent with players who fight. NHL is Canada's game - it'll never really catch on anywhere else and that's okay. But don't get angry if other people think the NHL is a joke, it't not your moral responsibility to defend the league. If you love it that much, people speaking bad about it shouldn't bother you.

PS that video is exactly what I'm talking about that's so funny to watch. I unno for some reason watching people skate around gliding while trying to fight and grabbing jerseys is so comical to me...

which is why I love watching football. But they all have respect for eachother in the NFL and wouldn't intentionally try to ruin each other's careers, and they dont dilute the talent with players who fight.

ummm you really believe that? certainly would not my view of the nfl (not to mention how many actual criminals happen to be playing in the nfl). you think ray lewis is not trying to hurt someone on every tackle he makes or some of the safeties? and considering the differences in the game you don't need a "fighter" to protect your skilled players. how would you find a better choice than a very large "juiced" lineman or linebacker?

not really looking to start a debate about this but i think you're looking at nfl football through rose coloured glasses......