Fly Fusion Forums

Road Rage

FHD, sorry to hear about your incident, hope you feel better! I would have done the exact same thing as you. Nobody has the right to inflict pain on another, period. For that alone he should answer for. I've been in similar situations where I've had to ask myself, do I let it go or do I do something. In the end, if you can contribute to helping stop this poor excuse for a human to do similar stuff to others, than that alone was worth you calling it in. I would take it so far as to press charges myself, especially considering you had witnesses.

BTW, that is one of the worst cases of road rage I've ever heard of!

You made some good points, re: him having a bad day at work, etc. But that is still no excuse. And who knows, maybe its the other end of the spectrum, maybe he's abusive and this is the type of report that his other victims need to build a case against him?

I think his actions warrant a call to the police...for the following reasons.

1) He did physically assault you, if he did it this time chances are he would do it again. What would be the outcome the next time in different circumstances. Someone older who falls or is seriously injured (not saying you aren't) He needs his eyes opened by the fuzz.

2) You say he almost collided with you. What if he did? What would have been the outcome then? Even at 30km/h hitting a power pole could have had drastic effects on you. Again he needs to be taught that this is not an appropriate response.

Hopefully in the end he learns a valuable lesson.

Fishinghogdaddy:

Of course, I agree you did nothing wrong. The guy should be charged for his clearly criminal / negligent behaviour. Full stop.

Unfortunately, we live in a world where people can be further harmed beyond the original action victimizing them just for standing up for themselves. So you'll probably in the future question whether you want to get out of the car or not, because who knows, maybe the next road rage idiot has a knife. There isn't much justice in the world for incidents like this; I do hope he's caught and punished.

Smitty

Fishinghogdaddy:

Okay I know I am going to get famed for this but here is what I would of done.

As soon as the guy laied his hands on me I would of introduced him to five of my knuckles, I know violence doesn;t solve things but sometimes it is the only thing that is left espically when you aare backed into a cornor.

Otherwise hopefully you got his licence plate # and call the police for the following reasons.

1. It is illegal to talk on your phone while you are a drive in a vechile

2. Reckless driving (Slamming on Breaks)

3. Assualt

As for driving slowly there really isn't much you can do in a 50 zone as that is posted speed limit under ideal conditions, since there could be ice on the road he can always say he was unsure, which we all know is bullshit.

What you need now is a nice brown on the end of your line about lets say 20 +++ inches.

Just remeber that good things come to good people, sometimes it does not feel like that but it does happen.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

a few years ago i would kick the groin, when he falls to his knees i would then kick him in the face or throat untill he hits the ground THEN STOP. this is what i was trained to do after many years of hapkido ,you want to crush your opponent and prevent him from retaliating ASAP. I then would have backed this us with it being self defense because i felt threatened.

now i would just call the cops and my lawyer and try to sue him and his family out of what ever crap shack they lived in. Money is way more important to me now then smashing another face in.

+1 for bhurts comment about Karma, you might not see what his comeuppance are but he will probably die slowly of prostate cancer.

1) You have him charged.

2) You laugh at him after he's convicted in Criminal Court.

3) You date his little sister while he's doing his time.

4) You sue him in Civil Court to the tune of $50 - 60000 dollars for the assault.

5) You garnish his wages to collect the coin.

6) You date his mom while he's working at Mcdonalds to make enough money to pay you.

What you all are missing is the fact that the guy kicked your car to start this whole thing off, you had to get out to see if there was any damage, then the guy assaults you. You did the right thing by calling the cops. Its amazing to me that people are so brutal, he crossed a line and now should pay for it, dont let this go, who knows maybe your back or neck is really injured, should get that checked out.

Hey

Sorry to hear this happened to you FHD. Wrong place at the wrong time.

Gotta agree with Smitty here. Don't ever get out of your car. Even if you only wanted to look at your car, he could argue that you were aggressive and he felt threatened. As far as violence goes - no. Him or you could get in a lucky punch and kill or seriously hurt the other. Even if it's his fault, how would you feel if you hit this guy, he falls and cracks his head open, and is disabled for the rest of his life?

That said, the guy is a caveman and probably will never change; whether dealt with legally or physically. We can only hope that he eventually ends up in prison where he belongs. The more times he gets reported, charged, arrested etc, the sooner that will happen. Let the cops handle it.

In addition to the nice brown, a shot of fine Caribbean rum would help.

Cheers

You definitely did the right thing to phone the police. Something similiar happened to a friend of mine, witnesses too. The guy got a pleasant surprise, a date with a judge and the judicial system got a financial bonus. My buddy ended up getting a date with the hot lady cop that took his complaint. There is justice in this world.