Fly Fusion Forums

Ff Expo

We made it to the show Friday aft before the snow....and I got out without breaking the bank acocunt...renewed some friendships, watched a bit of J. McLennans presentation on the evolution of the Bow and it was interesting to see some of his pics of the river from the the late'70s...many similarities to now...Did anyone else stop by the booth for Possum Creek Retreat? I asked the gent where the resort was located and his answer was Bristol, Tennesse. We then chatted for a bit about the fishing there and then he asked me what month I thought I would be able to start river fishing here...I said last Friday and left him speechless....sk.

I'd be interested if attendees spent more money this year than last year, there was more exhibitors then the last years, good to see the show growing.

I would think the commercial spots helped drive attendance..... who knows about the weather I was surprised by the amount of cars in the parking lot on saturday. Was it busier then previous years?

Myself I spent around $400 and got somethings I have been waiting for a while to obtain. Got to cast some new sticks and some new lines... made a decision to buy a new rod...or two, and got to meet some new folks and see some friends. All in all a good weekend and i'm glad I didn't have to work the show this year......haha suckas.

The things that impressed me the most were;

Silver Doctor's LAW vice, damn I just a Nor-Vise which is rad, but that LAW is something else great workmanship. I didn't tie on it but it was superb to look at.

The new Redington CPX 1064 and 1054. They are 10' 6 and 5 wt 4 piece rods and I must say they are absolute cannons, I typically fish 10' Z-Axis and these CPXs are as good..... (if not better due to cost) they weigh slightly more then a Z but the swing weight is very comfortable. I have ordered two of the 6wts for boat rods. with a lifetime warranty they are a real steal.

What did you all find?

Found myself a Bob Clay 12' 300-350 grain trout spey!!! The bad news is I wont see it till this time next year... it's gonna be like I was 6 years old on Christams eve for the next 365 days. Fourtunatley the next year will allow me enough time to accrue the cash and not have the wife find out!!!

Found myself a Bob Clay 12' 300-350 grain trout spey!!! The bad news is I wont see it till this time next year... it's gonna be like I was 6 years old on Christams eve for the next 365 days. Fourtunatley the next year will allow me enough time to accrue the cash to and not have the wife find out!!!

NICE! That will make a sweet stick, Bob does some incredible work. Now you just need to get yourself an old pre-war dingley or hardy to balance it out...Jealous!