Fly Fusion Forums

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

A short introduction: I grew up in Cranbrook, I currently live and work in the Elk Valley. I have been fishing the lakes and rivers in the East Kootenays since I was old enough to make the annual trip up the Wigwam with my dad and uncle. My passion is stillwater fishing although with the access to the rivers in the area I have been devoting alot more of my fishing hours to the river over the last 5 or 6 years.

Looking forward to the knowledge and hoping to be able to chime in from time to time.

Lots of you have probably already seen this but it's my favorite, so I'll leave you with this:

I am a fisherman for life;

I will always be a fisherman.

It is not something I do,

It is who I am.

Fishing is not an escape,

It is where I belong,

Where I am supposed to be.

It is not a place,

But a life long journey.

It is a passage my father showed me,

and one that I will show others.

When you understand all of this,

you will know me.

And we will fish together.

Make sure you keep a mailing address in BC so you don't have to pay 20 bucks a day to fish BC's classified waters like us Albertans do! Bad enough we have to pay 70 bucks for a non resident year licence.

Actually I don't mind paying the 70 bucks to fish the gorgeous lakes out there, catching just one monster rainbow or brooktrout at Whitetail lake is worth it. Watching your flyline scream off your reel for 30 seconds almost makes your heart stop beating!