Fly Fusion Forums

Simms Waders Fit Inquiry

ÜberFly

Question...

"In general" how do Simms wader booties fit?!

Considering some G4/G4Z's and the 9 - 11 "just fit" with one liner sock and one smart wool sock (I'm a 10/10.5 street shoe, normally)... The next size up is 12 - 13 and that is WAY too big...

Anyone have any exp. or comments related to fit of the SIMMS booties? Should I go with a snug fit or HUGE?!

Thanks,

Peter

I have G4Zs, G3 Guides, and Guide pants all in size large with the 9-11 stocking foot. I wear a size 11.5 to 12 shoe and have a wide foot and don't have any problems wearing Patagonia ultra heavyweight mountaineering socks with them. Spend the extra money on G4Zs, you won't regret it.

When I picked up my Simms Freestones last summer, I was told the bootie was supposed to fit snug. My last ones didn't fit snug and my foot actually slid around in the bootie and wore through the sole and it started to leak everywhere.

Haven't had a problem yet with the Simms. (Knock on wood)

Good to know!

Thanks!

P

When I picked up my Simms Freestones last summer, I was told the bootie was supposed to fit snug. My last ones didn't fit snug and my foot actually slid around in the bootie and wore through the sole and it started to leak everywhere.

Haven't had a problem yet with the Simms. (Knock on wood)

Some fit big within a given size range and some fit small (and sometimes they totally screw up and put the wrong sizes on - Patagonia had an issue with their initial release of the Guidewater Wader and Women's line of waders)... Trying to see what other's experiences have been... With the SIMMS (for me) the two options are snug or huge. I've never owned a pair of SIMMS waders, so I did not know, therefore I asked...

P

Did you try them on? Looks as if you did but you are asking how they fit???

1st person I spoke to! ;)

P

Go with 9-11. I wear 10 1/2 street shoes and have very wide feet. Simms made a custom pair of G4Z 2XLS for me with 9-11 stockings (this size normally comes with 11-13) and those waders are great. Booties fit well, and I have room for heavy sock, no problem. And Headscan is absolutely right, spend some extra $$ and get the "zees". Zipper is worth all the money.

Maciek