Fly Fusion Forums

Avery

imdao, clean body check and not a sucker punch but the kind of behaviour that avery engages in and is the master of.....cheap, antagonistic and classless. smid ought to have known better than to not pay attention to what avery was doing.

isn't a sucker punch when the guy is not looking...most commonly from behind or a blind side? doesn't seem to be the case here.

.............isn't a sucker punch when the guy is not looking...most commonly from behind or a blind side? doesn't seem to be the case here.

I think you're splitting hairs here. IMHO, Avery saying he didn't want to fight and then decking Smid as soon as he looked away, probably fits under the heading "sucker punch." Even though it's what one might expect from Avery, it's still a sucker punch.

BTW, I also find it interesting that the NHL is so concerned about headshots (e.g. the Jokinen suspension), and yet a sucker punch induced concussion doesn't get a second look by Campbell. Oh well, whoever expected consistency from the NHL anyway.

BTW, I also find it interesting that the NHL is so concerned about headshots (e.g. the Jokinen suspension), and yet a sucker punch induced concussion doesn't get a second look by Campbell. Oh well, whoever expected consistency from the NHL anyway.

The Leagues non-action clearly shows it was not a sucker punch.