Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing The Bow

darrinhurst

Recently I have been fishing an area that I haven't visited this season all too much. I've been avoiding it, or more ignoring it, to go to some places that were producing for me better. Well, after this past week, I am seriously wondering WHY I have been ignoring this stretch of water. Probably the best week of fishing I have had on the Bow this year, possibly even ever!

Lots of action, and pretty constant. Only took a few casts to get a fish on, and the rainbows have been plenty of fun! Not all of them are "huge", but the ones that I did get to hand, fought like they were twice the size. Great fights, lots of runs and jumps.

Some pics from the last couple weeks. I love this river, thank goodness for Indian Summer!

DSCF0304.jpg

DSCF0301.jpg

DSCF0300.jpg

DSCF0299.jpg

DSCF0297.jpg

DSCF0296.jpg

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0302.jpg

DSCF0292.jpg

DSCF0288.jpg

I love this river.

So do I (love this river). It looks like I ended my season a little too early this year. Those are some nice prime trout. Isn't the water getting a bit cold now, though?

Winter fishing on the Bow is awesome. Yes the water is cold so bring a towel to dry your hands, gloves, it doesnt matter what socks your wearing your feet will get cold. No slush means good fishing on the Bow during winter.

A couple of years ago my wife got me battery operated socks and they have been excellent for winter fishing.There is no need for any other socks when you wear these socks and they last about 6 hours till the batteries wear out. I alos use rechargables to keep the cost down.

Winter fishing on the Bow is awesome. Yes the water is cold so bring a towel to dry your hands, gloves, it doesnt matter what socks your wearing your feet will get cold. No slush means good fishing on the Bow during winter.