Fly Fusion Forums

Newbie From The North

RonEh

Hello All, well i am now new to this site, was on the old alberta one and loved the reading and advice. I am working out of the peg but live in the chuck so for now I am casting flyies for big ugly cats, will one day get a picture to show all. I do a lot of fly chucking with the cowtown scribe and we do head up to the Fox Creek area every fall for a pilgrimage of sorts, bullies, graylings and a grouse are two. I have definatly been bitten by the bug (bugs) because I started off with a old 6 piece 6 wt rod and 1 reel and now own a 4 - 6- 8- 10 wt rods and 6 reels, with of course all the waders and boots and vest and everything else that comes along,,,,, Have fun and see ya all on the streams,,,

Why Yes I do, Fly fishn for catfish, big thing here on the mighty Red,, Use big ugly fly's, that sink and feel funny, thats why I bought the 10 wt,,,, lol. A guy here caught a 30 - 40 lb on one and supposdly bigger are there,,

Thx all, one of these days I will remember to bring my camera when i fish for the cats, one day,,,, you use big streamers are big nympho's ah nymph's,,, any thing big and ugly. A boat is better but you can stand from the bank, best below the damn at lockport so you hvae some fluctuating levels and currents and some big drop offs but then again thats why the fish are there,, I bought a 10 wt just for this fishing,, I just started fishn for the cats this year so i am still learnin not much yet to talk about, but working on the big one, a freind of mine caught a 30 lb on a rod and reel useing shrimp as a bait, now I just need to get that one,,, I will post some pics as soon as I can, but with the job it's a little hard to find the time to much time on the road but then again thats why I bought the 4 piece 8 wt lol.