Fly Fusion Forums

Stocking Cutthroat

bigalcal

high mountain lakes likely, anywhere there is a chance of non-native pollution on public lands they use a native fish for stocking. I discovered this summer that we lost a slowly recovering foothills cutthroat stream to non-native pollution, likely source is a stocked private pond that blew out in June of 2005

high mountain lakes likely, anywhere there is a chance of non-native pollution on public lands they use a native fish for stocking. I discovered this summer that we lost a slowly recovering foothills cutthroat stream to non-native pollution, likely source is a stocked private pond that blew out in June of 2005

Or 3N trips.. I just relearned something today. Thanks for posting that troutfriend

The 2008 report has them stocking cutts in 4 Mile Creek, the Highwood, Kananaskis River, Lost Knife Creek.......etc

The idea is probably to give the cutts a leg up on the non-natives.

Interesting.... I picked up a cut bow on the Bow last week....

My "source" just messaged me this partial list of stocked areas. Her husband stocked all these lakes. Chopper pilot.

Ok here is a partial list of where he dumped the fishies. Sheep River, Ribbon Lake,Lillian L, Lower Galatea L, Fortress L, Shark L, Ford L, Cougar Creek, Burns L, Picle Jar L, Highwood River Beaver Ponds, Lineham Creek near Hwy 40, Odlum L, Loomis L, Lake of Horns, Carnarvon L, Etherington L and more near Canmore and Kananaskis.