Fly Fusion Forums

Places To Take Kids?

Dank

I've got some folks visiting this week from NYC, and they'd like to go fishing. Wondering if anyone knows of a local pond we can find some fish pretty quick without spending a lot of time? I was thinking Sibbald Meadow Pond, but don't want to drive that far. Thanks!

Hey now, that spot is a secret!!

Dank,

Anyone who has Geaux Saints has my permission to fish Spruce Meadow Pond. What part of town do you live in? The only problem could be weeds, but this cold temp may take care of that. If I get a chance I'll drive by (I live very close) and have a peek.

Dank,

Went to Spruce Meadows to have a look. Weeds are way down, looked very fishable with a bit of algae still on the water, but very manageable. Lots of ducks, beavers, geese, etc. around. Saw a few rises, not as many as I would have expected but it was very late in the evening. Give it a shot, it has some nice fish.

BTW, I saw the Saints against my Cowboys in Tulane Stadium in 1969 when we live just outside New Orleans. Roger Staubach, Bullet Bob Hayes, Calvin Hill, Archie Manning. Hayes caught an 80 yd touchdown pass (he was my favorite player) that was called back by a holding penalty. Thats the only thing I really remember except the Cowboys won, but they mostly did in those days and the Saints were still pretty much an expansion franchise.

The Saints did grow on me, and I was very disappointed at the end of last year. Really looking forward to this year....

Dank,

Went to Spruce Meadows to have a look. Weeds are way down, looked very fishable with a bit of algae still on the water, but very manageable. Lots of ducks, beavers, geese, etc. around. Saw a few rises, not as many as I would have expected but it was very late in the evening. Give it a shot, it has some nice fish.

BTW, I saw the Saints against my Cowboys in Tulane Stadium in 1969 when we live just outside New Orleans. Roger Staubach, Bullet Bob Hayes, Calvin Hill, Archie Manning. Hayes caught an 80 yd touchdown pass (he was my favorite player) that was called back by a holding penalty. Thats the only thing I really remember except the Cowboys won, but they mostly did in those days and the Saints were still pretty much an expansion franchise.

The Saints did grow on me, and I was very disappointed at the end of last year. Really looking forward to this year....

Spruce Meadows has a stocked pond that is open to all plus you can tour the grounds.

Some trout from last year made it thru the winter, so there should be some nice size ones left; I caught some 16-17"

chunks this spring, before they stocked it with smaller ones. No bait allowed( might make it a little tougher for the

kids) & C&R only.

Thank you all for the responses! Hopefully we can get out tomorrow.

Rickr, yes GEAUX SAINTS! I spent nine years in NOLA and have become a loyal Saints and LSU fan. We'll be at Flames Central next Thursday for the opening night of the NFL season featuring the Saints and Colts if you want to join us. Got a few of my expat friends from NOLA joining me. Thanks for the recon on Spruce Meadows too! Wayne tells me I've just missed you a few times at Hanson's, hopefully we a can catch-up one of these days.

Tight lines!

Dank