Fly Fusion Forums

Drift Boat Plans

has anyone here ever thought of building a drift boat before? i am currently looking for plans and anyone who has experience with building one who might have some insight. this will be a winter project and if all goes well show have on it on water by next summer. just looking for good set of plans from reputable builder. any information where to begin this process would be amazing. thanks in advance.

When I lived in Edmonton, "Boat Craft" was just down the street from me. I don't know if they have any plans for drift boats, however my friend made a lake kayak that turned out really really nice.

Boat Craft

Its a pretty horrible website, however it has the contact info:)

I have a home built driftboat that a friend and I built in 2001.

Before you start a project like this, ask yourself why you want to do it. If you're thinking it would be a neat winter project, believe me, if you do it right, it's a lot of work. If you're thinking it would be an inexpensive way to have a drift boat, they're like most other things, you get what you pay for. It cost us about $4000.00 without the trailer.

All that being said, I'm glad we built ours.

If you want to have a look at ours and do a little BS'ing, PM me and we'll hook up.

Later

BK