Fly Fusion Forums

Good Streamer Rod?

Guest FoamStoner

Guest Jeremie

I've got a question for all you big trout hunters on the bow and here it is. I'm bringing two rods with me, along with my spey to the bow this weekend, whats my better choice between these 2 rods So far i've got my fenwick 8'6" 7 weight with a rio versi-tip system rigged up along with the big sink tip. I've also got a sage VT2 8wt 9' that i could use instead. What do you guys think? Is it going to make much of a difference? I use my 8'6" for pike but it doesnt have a fighting butt!

Thanks in advance!

Jeremie

And if they are hitting dries, then what?!

Bring your Spey for streamers and a 4 wt or 5 wt for dries (for a w & w).

If you are going to be in your 'toon then bring your 6 wt or 7 wt and a 4 wt or 5wt and forget the Spey...

P

I've got a question for all you big trout hunters on the bow and here it is. I'm bringing two rods with me, along with my spey to the bow this weekend, whats my better choice between these 2 rods So far i've got my fenwick 8'6" 7 weight with a rio versi-tip system rigged up along with the big sink tip. I've also got a sage VT2 8wt 9' that i could use instead. What do you guys think? Is it going to make much of a difference? I use my 8'6" for pike but it doesnt have a fighting butt!

Thanks in advance!

Jeremie

Guest Jeremie

Well we've now decided we're just going to bring out switch rod, theres a w&w section that we've been told about where we're going to pull out and fish, but im going to bring my 6 for nymphing and dries and then one of those two rods, i figure the 7wt would be better, i just dont like the disadvantage of not having a fighting butt.

Guest Jeremie

Used it today, got to see 3 fish consecutively bigger then 23" hit my 5" long rabbit leach, then about another 4 down the river that where bigger then those fish. I would say a seven weight is a good bet