Fly Fusion Forums

Slumpbuster

Ok, so I am officially in a fishing slump. Couldn't land one right now if someone killed it before hand and stuck all three prongs of a barbed treble in the fish's mouth. Somehow it would get off or break off. Back in my younger single days when I was in a slump of a relationship kind, I had a shirt that I only pulled out when it when all hope seemed lost. I figured it only had so much magic in it, and I didn't want to waste it. So if figured if I had a lucky shirt that got me out of some lean days back in my single life, there should be a fishing equivalent.

So if anyone has any suggestions, I'm game. I'm not looking for technique here, but superstition.

Perhaps the fishing has become to much about the fish. This happens when we slump, we tend to become more focused on landing a fish then other important parts of the experience. Go to the river with no intention of catching a fish, try learning a new cast or a new stlye of bobber fishing. If your focus is off the fish you will crack your slump.

I hooked and lost my biggest ever bow river trout twice in one night last evening...

I'd try putting all your change in your left pocket, then tying your left shoe in a double knot, then turning your hat backwards, then take a tee and stick it behind your left ear... Do it now Rick or I'm going to quit. I swear to God I'll quit!

I hooked and lost my biggest ever bow river trout twice in one night last evening...

I'd try putting all your change in your left pocket, then tying your left shoe in a double knot, then turning your hat backwards, then take a tee and stick it behind your left ear... Do it now Rick or I'm going to quit. I swear to God I'll quit!

Birchy gets it!

But I think he just cured me of the s-word, the laterals, the el-hosels, you know, the shanks.

Jayhad, I think you are probably right, like most things in life when it goes south it is typically attitude, or confidence, that is your worst enemy. But it's more fun to tie your left shoe in a double knot!

Trust me...this works.

Drive to Douglasdale with the most expensive bottle of wine in your basement, give it to Lynn, let her tap you on the head with the magic stick her granddaughter found at the park that will make chocolate and stickers and fish stay on the hook and you'll be good to go.

When may we expect you?

The most expensive bottle of wine in my basement is a bottle of my wife's Chateau Montelena Cab, coming in at like $100 or so. If I was to bring that to your house as a offering to the fish gods, I would REALLY need a slumpbuster, because that slump would last for the rest of my life.

The most expensive bottle of wine in my basement is a bottle of my wife's Chateau Montelena Cab, coming in at like $100 or so. If I was to bring that to your house as a offering to the fish gods, I would REALLY need a slumpbuster, because that slump would last for the rest of my life.

the slump being fishing and "otherwise" I"m sure <--poke--<

well rick if you took that bottle of champagne down to Lynn's you would have an excuse to break out that t-shirt again after your better half found out you took her 100 dollar bottle without askin!! :lol:

seriously, the best way to bust out of a slump is the "call in sick from work day"... fishing is always great when you take the day off work to do it. Proper steps should be considered.

1) buy the nastiest disgusting cigar you can find

2) light 'er up and INHALE

3) immediately call work... your voice should be sufficiently scratchy enough to pass it off as being sick.

4) go buy some water and halls and whatever else will help your throat now.

5) go fishing.

6) tell no one.