Fly Fusion Forums

23" Crowsnest Brown Above The Falls

troutlover

Got out this weekend with Brian (Hawgstoppah). It was a cold and rainy morning 7:30am our first stop was the Lease parking lot just to check it out and there was no cars so we took advantage of a rare chance and got first dibs on some primo water. Started up stream first cast Brian had one on nice 14" next cast Brian had Another 16" and i hooked up for a double header. We gave shout out WOOT WOOT! it's gonna be one of those days on the crow and it was from hole to hole we managed to land many fish with their feed bags on hungry for SJW's and stones. Most fish were found in fast riffles in buckets at the heads of the runs where the water dumped in it was consistent and predictable. It was amazing how hard the fish were fighting and they were so fat it was ridiculous the must have had a great feed on the salmon fly hatch this year. At around 2pm things slowed down so we took a brake to have a rock skipping contest and a PMD hatch started the fish moved into some regular dryfly back eddies and we managed a few on the dry with stimulators. The lease started to get crowded so we left and went to find quieter water for the evening dryfly we went up river and down and finally found a spot that seemed promising but not action on the dry a cold front came in and no hatch but as we worked up back to the truck at around 9:30 we had a lucky run of a few more fish Brian was at 22 i was at 18. Brian being the good guy he is gave me first run so i could hit 20 i quickly caught 19 and he said keep going one more so the next cast i hooked into a big fish i got him close and we both thought bull then it turned on its side and i screamed BROWN!! We really flipped out if anyone had been there they would have thought we were insane. The stinger was Brian had lost a 20-22" brown earlier that day that he said not 30 min before he would have given all his fish of the day to catch that one brown.Shoot! That said brian out fished me completely that day we in total landed 43 fish and had just as many LDRs the majority being Brians its crazy to watch that guy fish learned a lot. So if your geting out this week try the crow i suggest a stone and a SJW also if the pass gets a little bit of warm weather there are going to be some EPIC caddis hatches pretty soon here like this week so keep an eye on the weather. Hope for sun.

imgp1629m.jpg

imgp1614j.jpg

imgp1615.jpg

imgp1632y.jpg

imgp1634.jpg

You ain't kidding about 'em being fat!

Your talking about me ain't ya! *puts fists up* ok come on!!!! :lol:

It was a great day the fish were ON. I got to get my pics together tommorow and stick em up here and in the W&W special post :)

Awesome post and work guy's!!!....That is a hawg of a Brown!!....More and more Browns appearing above the falls, thats cool....I have caught 3 Browns in the upper stretches in the last 2 years, one bein 19.5 inches...

Cheers...Jeff..

Your talking about me ain't ya! *puts fists up* ok come on!!!! :lol:

It was a great day the fish were ON. I got to get my pics together tommorow and stick em up here and in the W&W special post :)

Anytime, tough guy! <--poke--<

I ain't askeered of you! I see you getting your butt kicked by a fat trout in the 3rd pic in the original post; you don't look too tough! :angel:smail: