Fly Fusion Forums

Southern Alberta Walk + Wade Specials

Hawgstoppah

Bow River Adventures is now offering Southern Alberta Walk and Wade Specials through the Fall, on weekends.

This is a special for FFC members... your guide for these adventures will be Brian Peace (hawgstoppah) and you will be learning how to fish the southern streams, or learning how to improve your small stream fishing. You will provide you own transportation to a meeting point down south, and you will provide your own lunches on these trips. Due to that we can offer these trips for $250 CDN (one or two people). We can take more if needed but keep in mind these streams are relatively small and groups are best keep small as well to get the most time with your guide learning these rivers.

Rivers are:

Crowsnest

Oldman/Livingstone (and tribs)

Castle (and tribs)

Other southern streams (ask)

The Crowsnest can be especially good in the fall. We often hear of people struggling to find the fish in this river. A day out with Brian will have you onto these fish and give you a good backbone from which to have success on the Crow and other similar streams. The fish are picky, and can be quite spooky in the Crow if they are not approached properly.. the Crowsnest fish even hold in some wacky places when your searching with nymphs.. and most people almost step on them.. but Brian will show you tips and techniques to fool the fiesty rainbows here...even those sly fish in the back of pools. You can reach Brian for these trips at 403-653-3743 or drop him an e-mail and he will get back to you a.s.a.p.

Happy fishing from the Bow River Adventures team!

BRAtitle7.jpg

Just wanted to give this a bump. Had a great day with Brian on the Crow. I have never fished with anyone that knows almost every hole and corner on miles and miles of River. His knowledge of the hatch is staggering and he knows the temperament of crowsnest trout specifically. This is a great deal, if anything go for the EDUCATION Brian offers great advice and shares years and years of experience he has some different ways of fishing that really work, had me thinking out side the box. Thanks Brian for an EPIC day and a fish i'll never forget. Check out my brown in the photo posts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...