Fly Fusion Forums

Camping And Fishing

I would like to go up near the mountains and do some hiking back to a nice fishing spot. Are there any suggestions as to where I might make a trip to for camping and fishing in some of the streams/rivers near the rockies. preferably an hour or two away from calgary.

Thansk for any help you might have.

Welcome Flypodz

Pick up the two volumes of a book called The Kananaskis Country Trail Guide - also Barry Mitchell's Alberta Fishing Guide, then dig in. There are literally dozens of places that would qualify. I don't where to start. Just get out and enjoy the summer!

Cheers

i had a blast last year hiking from upper k lake to palliser river(need bc liscence) hike was gorgeous and stopped at maude lake for some cutties and turbine canyon is stunning. the palliser is relatively untouched here and was chock full of cutts and bulls. I had a blast. I will post some pics as soon as i get a chance.

i had a blast last year hiking from upper k lake to palliser river(need bc liscence) hike was gorgeous and stopped at maude lake for some cutties and turbine canyon is stunning. the palliser is relatively untouched here and was chock full of cutts and bulls. I had a blast. I will post some pics as soon as i get a chance.

X 2 on Maude lake. I have been there twice and I had a great time on both outings. I am also very grateful that I managed to do this before I broke my ankle in October as it seems it will not ever be the same and has put an end to my backpacking days.

Lesson learned: life(health) is short, live every day well!!!

Welcome Flypodz

Pick up the two volumes of a book called The Kananaskis Country Trail Guide - also Barry Mitchell's Alberta Fishing Guide, then dig in. There are literally dozens of places that would qualify. I don't where to start. Just get out and enjoy the summer!

Cheers

Thanks for the insight on these books, I will look for them today

X 2 on Maude lake. I have been there twice and I had a great time on both outings. I am also very grateful that I managed to do this before I broke my ankle in October as it seems it will not ever be the same and has put an end to my backpacking days.

Lesson learned: life(health) is short, live every day well!!!

Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like I have a couple good places to try out.

I don't know how many times I've looked, and I can never find that Frenchman's Creek!

i found frenchmans creek once. i was driving along and made a quick stop to fill up my halogen fluid, when i noticed i lost my transmission. good thing that truck had two of em. i drove over to the closest garage and he told me my tranlipital spanner was shot and i would need a new fufu valve and gigling pin as well. so he said it would take about 2 hours so i saw a little creek in the back and decided to hit it up while my truck was getting fixed. what a beautiful creek. it was maybey 5ft wide non stop pool after pool and browns were all at least 20 30inches long. every cast yeilded trout after trout on high floating dries. what a day. sorry for the hijack.

i found frenchmans creek once. i was driving along and made a quick stop to fill up my halogen fluid, when i noticed i lost my transmission. good thing that truck had two of em. i drove over to the closest garage and he told me my tranlipital spanner was shot and i would need a new fufu valve and gigling pin as well. so he said it would take about 2 hours so i saw a little creek in the back and decided to hit it up while my truck was getting fixed. what a beautiful creek. it was maybey 5ft wide non stop pool after pool and browns were all at least 20 30inches long. every cast yeilded trout after trout on high floating dries. what a day. sorry for the hijack.

Is that a joke, or?