Fly Fusion Forums

Pieroway Fly Rod Co Whistler Spey Series

Whistler

• 2 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to cast a few of the Pieroway prototypes that Brian brought to the clinic and must say they are very nice rods. I plan to be on the list to purchase once they are available. Thanks to Brian and Maxwell for a great spey clinic.

I was lucky enough to cast a few of the Pieroway prototypes that Brian brought to the clinic and must say they are very nice rods. I plan to be on the list to purchase once they are available. Thanks to Brian and Maxwell for a great spey clinic.

thanks Greg, as usual it was fun to cast with you guys and watch everyone improve. The rods are now finalized and should be available by early July. We will be doingt a special pre order price, will post details soon.

B

• 2 weeks later...

WhistlerSpey.jpg

OK here is the special pre sale pricing good thru June 20th:

Whistler Spey Metal Detector 10'5" retail $479.95 pre sale $350

Whistler Spey Metal Detector 12' retail $519.95 pre sale $390

Whistler Spey Metal Detector 13' 5" retail $559.95 pre sale $420

rods will be delivered before the end of July and feature a satisfation guarantee and lifetime warranty

call me at 1-888-822-3474 to reserve yours

Brian Niska

tried the prototypes when you were in Calgary for the clinics. very nice. I especially liked the 10.5' switch.

Is it still a 7 wt? and what line do you suggest?

Tom

tried the prototypes when you were in Calgary for the clinics. very nice. I especially liked the 10.5' switch.

Is it still a 7 wt? and what line do you suggest?

Tom

Tom, the 10'5" is a 'mini skagit' meaning it is primarily a small two hander that also single hands exceptionally well. 400gr works well on this stick for both overhead and spey. The 420 skagit compact is puuuurfect for two handed sink tip work-should call this rig the butter stick cause its super smooth.

the 12' throws a 510gr skagit and is a lightweight 7/8, so far our best selling rod. Still have about 20 of these left at the early purchase price.

B

• 1 month later...
Pieroway Fly Rod co Whistler Spey Series

..just got the new prototypes and have to say they are pretty sweet.

Will be teaching in Calgary all week, let me know if you want to come out for a cast

I was lucky enough to fish the 13'5" 720 grain for a full day (thanks Brian). It's a *fantastic* stick. It can move a ridiculous amount of line (and that mattered where we were at the time) and play nice big fish really well. It's got plenty of strength so you can play large fish but still feel every movement or head shake on smaller fish. If your in the market for this sort of rod you should give it a shot it's got a pretty unique feel to it. I did not get to fish the 520 but if it's anything like the 720 I am buying one at some point.

Cheers,

al

• 4 weeks later...

Just picked up my pre-ordered Pieroway Metal detector 12' 510 grain today......WOW, pretty sweet stick! Love the graphics also. I plan to give it a good test next week up on the Skeena. I had the good fortune of being able to cast this rod when Brian Niska came to Calgary in the spring and pretty much ordered one right away. Thanks Pieroway guys!

• 3 weeks later...

bin fishing the 12'r and 13'5"r this past week! and loving them!!!!!! the 12'r is a stellar steelie/trout stick with either a 480 or 510 grain skagit!!! the 13'5" is a freakin cannon with a 720 skagit i can move almost any fly way the hell out there!!!!!!!! if anyone in cowtown wishes too give these two sticks a go shoot me a pm! will be lurking the bow the next 4 days before i head west for a week!!!!